I zoned her out while I stared at Grivak, he gave me an apologetic smile, cleared his throat, and said, "Vree asked us to take you to eat."

Julie immediately let go of me, then gave me a hard look, "Yes. Is everything okay? He is avoiding you again, yes?"

"Well-" I began.

She sighed in exasperation, "That man is nonsense! You do everything for him! You gave him a massage, no?" 

"I did do that-" 

She threw her hands up, "And he is still ungrateful! We have tried everything haven't we?" She turned to Grivak and gave him the most angelic expression ever, and smartly, he nodded in agreement. She looked back at me, "Naomi, maybe I shall speak with him." She walked passed me, letting herself in, and throwing herself on the couch, Grivak trailed after her like a lost puppy. 

I rose an eyebrow at her. She seemed full of energy, more than as per usual. She wasn't dressed in our standard attire, instead she wore something which I assumed was  Frivrok daytime wear, a long and beautifully flowing white dress that turned sheer the closer it got to the floor, with bell sleeves and a deep v-neck, hugged at the waist with a twinkling golden chain and equally gold embellishments on the bosom. 

Frivrok women dressed like goddesses, is what I assumed. But it didn't surprise me, since they were scarce enough to be considered such anyways. And then I thought about how handsome Frivrok men were, and how equally as lovely their women should be. I'd only seen one Frivrok woman, and that was Stival, who seemed to be in the same sort of superiority position as Solhelk. I recalled the strong and assertive, yet older woman idly. 

She was older, yes, but she was beautiful too. Angular and fit, her hair long and sleek, and ethereally white. 

She continued, "You know I can give him a good talking. Right?" She looked at Grivak.

"Yes, I agree." He grinned broadly, giving her a thumbs up. 

She looked to me, "I can give him a good talking." 

"Uh huh." I nodded. Suddenly, I wondered if maybe human women were somewhat of a downgrade to Frivrok men. But because we were the only one that could produce offspring with them, it was like settling for the girl next door when you know you could've gotten the supermodel if you wanted, cause you were pretty super model-esque yourself, but your town was too small for that to even happen. 

I frowned at the thought. Maybe I'm just ugly? I furrowed my brow. Naomi, shut up. You're a bad ass bit- 

Julie got up, "What happened?"

I snapped out my train of thought, "What?" I blinked at her.

She narrowed her eyes at me and put her hands on her hips, and suddenly I felt a pang in my chest, remembering my best friend back on Earth and how she'd always mother me. 

"You're quiet." She tilted her chin up.

My face got hot. Oh shit. I'm gonna have to tell her. I tilted my chin up back at her, and crossed my arms, "I'm always quiet."

"No, you're always complaining." She took a step towards me.

I rolled my eyes, "Anyways are we going to get food-"

"What. Happened." She demanded.

I glanced at Grivak who was a bright shade of pink, his eyes darting back and fourth between the two of us, looking stiff and awkward as if unsure of what to do. 

We stared each other down, then finally I dropped my arms and rolled my eyes, groaning, "I told him how I felt." 

Julie's eyes got wide, and when I cast another glance at the very expressive Grivak, he looked half like he just swallowed a fly, and half in complete humor. 

"You told him you love him?!" She yelped with glee, suddenly closing the gap between us and squeezing the life out of my arm.

"I- no! I- well, yes? No." I shook my head, and placed my hands on her shoulders and shook her, "Absolutely not!" 

Grivak busied himself, strolling around Vree's place and heading to the kitchen.

She grabbed my hands, "Then tell me, what did you say!"

I groaned loudly, feeling my blush deepen, "I just told him I was attracted to him. And that I liked him a lot. And that maybe- maybe I could love him. That's a-"

She screamed loudly and gave me a hug, taking the breath right out of my chest as she haphazardly rambled and squealed, "Je suis si fier de toi! Ma puce! Mon cher ami! C'est une bonne journée pour l'amour! Je suis vraiment fier! Maintenant, vous deux aurez des bébés et nos enfants peuvent être les meilleurs amis!"

I blinked, even I wasn't able to catch that, "Uh- Oui-" While she jumped up and down with glee, I glanced at Grivak who was occupied in the kitchen, somehow he had pulled up a hologram from the island countertop and was twidling away on it. 

"What are you doing?" I furrowed my brows in confusion.

Julie and I both paused and looked at him. It took him a moment to realize we were looking at him, his face flushed pink and he grinned boyishly, "Playing games."

I frowned, "What? I didn't know we could do that. Vree didn't tell me that- he left me trapped here like a prisoner and didn't even tell me we had game." I directed my attention to Julie, hoping that I could change the topic, "Anyways, I didn't see you two at the festival last night." 

She crossed her arms, "Not that you would see us, since you two were busy bickering, then confessing your love, then bickering." 

I stuck my tongue out at her in lack of better response. Being cooped up in a spaceship was really making me crazy. 

She rolled her eyes, "You wouldn't have seen us anyways- Grivak and I left early. I was getting a headache and the music made me dizzy." 

"Uh huh. So you'll be a no show tonight too then?" I said, not completely caring, just wanting the conversation to be over. Hopefully talking about her would've gotten her to shut up about me. I wasn't completely in the mood to go over every embarrassing detail. 

Julie shook my shoulders, "I know what you are doing." Her tone was that of a lecturing mother. "So what did he say?" She asked.

With a reluctant groan, I said, "I can tell you everything over breakfast, how's that sound?" 

She nodded, and linked our arms together, "Yes. We haven't seen each other in days but it feels like there are months of stories we must catch up on." 

. : * : . 

No Vree this chapter :'( But I missed Julie and Grivak 

To be continued! We will definitely see Vree next chapter and I'm super excited for what happens next~~