chapter seventeen: angry alphas and reunions

Baby Girl fell asleep on the office couch. I didn't know how I was going to get her to go to bed tonight with all these naps. I watched as she laid there with Penny in her arms as she sucked on her thumb. She looked so innocent and pure while she slept. I almost forgot about the task at hand.

I was snapped out of my daze when Smith mind linked me.

Are you sure you want to do this? He asked me. I could hear the panic in his voice. He was probably worried about taking over Nixon's position as Beta of our pack.

My baby girl could've been seriously hurt down there. I want him punished...severely.

He's the Beta. What about his position sir?

For now you are my second in command and you will fulfill Nixon's duties until I say otherwise.

Yes sir but there is something else...

Get on with it Smith.

The one who claimed to be Luna's brother, Jonah, he's awakened and he's wanting to see her. I knew it was a big risk to keep him here on our territory. We have no idea who could be after him. Rogues run from there problems and I didn't need his problems disturbing Cara or my pack.

Tell him that I'll decide when he can see her.

I clench my fist.

He's very persistent on seeing her soon sir.

I sigh. Have him here, guarded, at noon tomorrow.

My blood boiled at the thought of Jonah being here with Cara. I didn't know him and I didn't trust him. Brother or not.

~•~

"I said one cookie."

She gives me a cute pout and then here comes the puppy dog eyes. "B-but Amanda said I can have as many as I want." I keep a stern face and she tries to keep up the look. I win obviously and she sighs and puts the other cookie back.

"Good girl." I pat her bottom as we walk together from the kitchen into the living room. "Go choose a movie before bed."

I plop onto the couch while she walks upstairs. She comes back with Penny and about five DVD's in her hands. "Anything you haven't seen a billion times?" I ask her.

"How about Aladdin? I've only seen that a million times." she giggles and then goes up to the tv and puts the DVD in. I don't mind. I like how she gets excited about the little things. She comes back and crawls into my lap holding Penny close. I kiss her on the forehead before pulling a blanket over us.

"How come your chest gets so warm Ladybug? You're always warm."

"Isn't that a good thing? Perks of being part wolf I guess."

"You know, I haven't seen Jonah since I was a toddler but I feel like it'll be different..." she trailed off not looking me in the eyes.

"Well he is different now Cara," I tell her running my fingers through her hair. This is one of the few times she's actually worn it down. "You do know that, right baby girl?"

"How?"

"Turned and born werewolves are very different. Bitten have a lot less control over their wolves. Born wolves have a relationship with their wolf since birth."

"But that doesn't change the fact that he's my brother and he loves me." she whispers as she lays her head down on my chest. She cuddles into me.

"I know you believe that-."

I'm cut off my the sound of her heart slowing down and her soft breathing. She had fallen asleep against me.

C A R A

I was finally going to get to see him.

I brush my hair in the bathroom mirror. I never usually wear my hair down and I realize how long it's gotten since I first arrived here. It cascaded down my back in waves. Next I chose a pair of jeans and a frilly yellow shirt that I found very adorable. I put on some polka dot socks and picked up Blue who was sat on top of the bathroom sink. She was always perched somewhere cleaning herself.

I was ready.

I turn towards the door and Lucien was standing there. "You look gorgeous kitten." I walk over to him as my cheeks turn a rose color. I don't know why I blush like this. He tells me I'm beautiful all the time but today is different. His voice was...shaky. The last time he sounded like this was after Killian was here.

"Thank you Lucien." I stand on my tippy toes and peck his lips. Blue jumps from my arms and struts off somewhere. He responds to my little kiss by pulling me back so our lips remain together. I hold onto his broad shoulders as our lips move together in sync.

His lips travel to my chin, then my jaw and neck. I bite my tongue so a moan doesn't escape my lips. If it is even possible my cheeks become even redder.

I cut off our little make out session. I smile up at him and he returns a weak one. "What was that for?" I giggle.

"I just wanted my scent to be on you. You know that you're mine, right babygirl?"

"Always," I say and I kiss his cheek and then I move down to his neck. I leave light kisses and he lets out a moan. "And you you know that you're mine too."

"Always princess."

~•~

I looked to Lucien when I saw the four wolves escorting Jonah towards the house. "Just extra precautions Cara." he tells me crossing his arms. He stood next to me on the porch with his hand rested on the small of my back.

Jonah looked so much healthier than the last time I saw him. He was even smiling when he saw me. I made my step to meet him halfway but Lucien grabbed my hips tell me to 'wait'. He walked up the stairs to the porch and embraced me in a hug. Of course I hugged back.

I pull away after ten seconds. "I'm so glad your okay Jonah."

"God, I've missed you so much. You still look the same but...your hairs down."

"Yeah and I've grown two feet taller." I laugh awkwardly feeling Lucien's intense stare. Jonah looks at him and they exchange looks. I could tell they were nice looks. "Well...let's go inside. I want to know everything."