Chapter 10

Chapter 10 -Star Snatcher's POV-

I watched Typhoon leave. He was an odd dragon. Nice enough, and a good leader, but he was obsessed with finding that SeaWing of his, Ray. I shrugged.

Suddenly, a sharp pain filled my head and I collapsed onto the dangerous ledge over the cliff. "Star Snatcher!" Everglade cried frantically. My voice wouldn't work.

I saw. I had a vision of two dragons flying over an ocean. What were they? The duo had huge wings, like SkyWings, but bright scales, like polished silver. Their ears were bigger than any dragon she had seen and had fur on the inside. Something she had only seen on mammals in Pyrrhia, never a dragon. They had paw-like feet as well. What were they? And where had they come from? After that I saw my parents. More specifically, their dead bodies. Both my mother and father's faces were frozen permanently in lifeless terror. I could see their bones. They were laying in a pool of blood that had stained their scales crimson.

The image left my head and only blackness replaced it. My eyes snapped open and finally my voice came back to me. In the loudest scream I had ever produced, I yelled "EVERGLADE!"

She was already at my side, I realized. Tears started to run down my cheeks, falling onto her scales as she wrapped her arms around me. Her armor was warm. So were the scales underneath. I didn't realize it before, but I had been shaking. My breathing was quick and uneven. The visions were still there in the back of my brain, threatening to take my consciousness yet again. Everglade kept me grounded.

"What happened?"

I could hear the panic in her smooth and understanding voice

In between sobs, I told her everything.

"Oh my god... Star snatcher.... Are you sure they were your parents? That's horrible!"

I nodded.

"I-I"m su-ure...."

I broke out in another wave of tears. Everglade held me closer. My head rested on her shoulder. Slowly, my sobbing and uneven breathing came under control. My eyes were red and puffy, but I was much better now. I lifted my head to look at her. Straight into those soulful eyes. Subconsciously, we were getting closer to each other. Closer, closer. There was a mere dragon's talon of distance between us now. My heart was racing. Another feeling came over me. Strong and fast, it engulfed my whole body. It was overwhelming. Not relief. Not joy. What was happening? I lifted my head from her shoulder slowly, looking into her eyes. My breathing quickened as she looked at me in a new way. Our hearts soared together. Closer our heads became. I could feel her inches away from my snout. Even closer. Her hot breath mingled with mine as the sunlight bounced off of our scales and created rainbows across the stones. I heard a huge crack, then a boom.