1-"Are You Kidding Me?"

Charlie

Charlie covered her hair with her bag, the rain was getting heavier and she had to run. Then she heard it. The sound of metal crashing and glass sharding. She freezed, it's a car crash.

She heard the distinct chatter from people and moved closer to the accident scene, not caring about the rain anymore.

There was a pool of blood and she moved closer to see the victim. There on the ground was the most handsome man she'd ever seen. She seemed to have forgotten that she's a doctor as she just stared at the handsome stranger.

Shut up and fucking help him!

"Oh… Somebody call an ambulance! Call 911" she started yelling and giving out orders. She felt his pulse and it was still beating, meaning he's not dead yet.

She proceeded to perform CPR on him and he still lay motionless. Oh God, this is bad. "Have you called 911?"

A hand grabbed hers and she shrieked Stop being a wimp for fuck's sake! She looked down to see the victim, his eyes were still closed, his mouth was moving. Looks like he's saying something.

She leaned down and positioned her ear to his mouth," T-Take me home… no ambulance...no ambu—" his hold on her hand softened.

"Are you kidding me? You could die any minute from now and you're telling me to take you home?" He didn't reply as he must have lost consciousness. Unsure of what to do, she just knelt there and stared at him, she then searched his pockets and his crunched car's dashboard for his card. She found it and took him to his house.

***

Charlie shifted on the couch that she had slept on. She felt uncomfortable and her neck muscles were aching so she stood up.

She stared out of the large floor length window of the room, the cool autumn air whipped through the flowers and they danced along to its direction. Charlie glanced around the room, it was pristine. The couches were different colours, contrasting the plain white background of the room. In the centre of the high ceiling hung a very big chandelier.

Wow! This is heaven.

It had been more than 5 hours that she'd been here and the stranger was still sleeping.

Scrutinising the weathered line of the big house, she blew out a slow breath, sadness lurking at the back of her throat, "Mom, I miss you. I'm so lonely"

How long had it been since she and Charles had spoken, two months?

She retraced her steps into the room she'd placed the stranger last night. She'd had a hard time locating the room when she arrived, the house was too big. He had managed to avoid severe injuries, only a scraped cheek and he must have hit his head which led to the concussion he had and she'd bandaged his head.

She touched his closed eyes, trailed her fingers to his pointed nose and his moderate sexy lips. As her hands trailed down his neck and about to reach his chest, he opened his eyes. She gasped and jumped back, away from him.

Daniel sat up and groaned in pain, his head hurt like hell and he felt like he had been dragged through the streets of New York. He glanced at the woman by the side of his bed, she is beautiful and he allowed his eyes to rake her body.

Her face isn't familiar and he wondered what she was doing in his room... Wait, this isn't his room, it's his guest room. She must be a girl he slept with last night but the pains he was feeling is different from hangover pain.

He lifted his hand to support his head when he felt it, a woollen material tied around his head.

"Hi" he said.

"Hi" she said silently and tried to avoid eye contact.

"Um… who are you?"

"I'm Charlie. I'm a doctor. You don't remember what happened to you last night do you?" she said, her dark green eyes staring at him with enough intensity to hypnotise a person.

Remember last night? He racked his brain and all he could remember was that he was coming back from work and then…

" You don't have to force yourself sir. You had an accident"

"It's Daniel. Daniel Campbell" he said and the images of yesterday came back. He then remembered when he had asked her to take him home to avoid the press publishing the news about his accident.

"Thanks for saving me Charlie" he said. The least he could do now is to be grateful.

Charlie liked the sound of her name from his mouth and the way his blue eyes were looking at her. She cleared her throat, "Uh… You just need to avoid doing anything strenuous now because of your head and take some painkillers, but asides that, you are good. So I'm going to go"

"Alright, thank you" he said and she left.

Sooo guys how do you like this chapter??

It's so cool right? I know.

Can you just be of help by tapping that cute little star 🌟 at the bottom? I love you 💋.