River

Once again I have been pursuaded into putting up the second chappie. ;) So here it is....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter two: River

Her small feet carried her over the uneven sand that stretched along the coast. She didn't have to glance back to know that the boy wasn't far behind. In fact he was almost too close for her liking. She had been running for almost five minutes now and wasn't even close to becoming breathless. She had to give the boy credit though, she had run from many a person in her short life and none of them had been able to keep up with her speed and endurance for more than a minute. This boy was not only keeping up with her if he were to reach out his hand, he would be able to grasp her arm.

Little did either of them know that neither of them were running to their full capabilities. If the boy had used his full speed then he could've easily over taken her at the speed she was running and vice versa.

Just before the girl reached the tree line that led to the trail which in turn led to camp, something blurred in front of her or rather someone.

Before she had time to stop or even slow down her body crashed into whatever it was that had appeared before her. The force of the impact sent both children to the ground and caused them to roll a few times.

Both were quick to recover and so before she could get up to hands wrapped around her biceps. Despite their small size, the boy's hands felt like unbreakable vines. The skin to skin contact sent sparks darting around her body. It wasn't painful like she thought it would be, instead it felt rather nice, comforting even.

The boy pulled the girl he now knew to be his into his arms. The sparks he had felt when their skin touched was proof that she was his mate. Now that he had her in his arms he knew that he would never want to let go. The look in her eyes. Told him that the nameless girl had felt what he had at the point of contact. He also knew that she was confused and that he would have to explian what they were to eachother. He was hers and she was his.

When she tried to squirm away he only held her tighter and when her struggles increased he sat up and pulled his mate's small body onto his lap. A whimper of fear left her lips.

"Shh," He whispered soothingly. "You're okay. I'm not going to hurt you. I promise."

As the boy holding her spoke, she found herself relaxing at the sound of his voice. Confusion swept through her. Why did she feel like this? What was going on?

"What's your name?" He asked gently. She shook her head causing her dark curly hair to fall over her face.

"I...I can't-" She stuttered. She knew it was dangerous to tell anyone her name but something inside her called to this boy and she couldn't help what came out of her mouth next.

"River."

"What?" His mate spoke so quietly that even he had to strain to hear her.

Her head tilted up and her vibrant purple eyes bored into his own dark blue ones.

"My name is River."  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry if there's any mistakes! Hope you liked it!

What do you think of the second chapter? Comment below and tell me what you thought. Seriously, I want to know! :)

Until next time, THAT'S ALL FOLKS!!

Bella :)