Longing

The first chapter of VT is dedicated to born-this-way-babeeh because he was literally begging me to upload it. No joke ;) And also for another reason which was the reason this chapter was going up in the first place. I'm not gonna say what it is but the people that have read my other books will most likely know.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the very first chapter of Vivamus Terra and don't forget to vote and comment!! :)

Chapter one: Longing

The small girl peeked over the top of the sand dune and watched the other children run around the grass that wasn't too far from the beach. She sighed in longing. How she wished she could join those children and be as carefree as they seemed to be. Even if it were for just a moment.

Alas, she couldn't. She was a Gypsy and these were obviously the sons and daughters of high class nobles. They would never accept her, never look past her heritage to find the true person underneath everything.

A gasp escaped her lips as one of the boys turned her way. She dropped behind the safety of the mountain of sand, hoping that the boy had not seen her. After a few moments she felt it was safe to stand up once again.

Much to her dismay the boy had dissapeared from the large group. She looked left and right, the beads on her head scarf jingling with the movement. He was no where to be seen. She shrugged and decided not to let it bother her.

It was another hour at least before the sun began to drift down to the ocean and in all that time the boy never returned. The parents rounded up their children and bit by bit the group became smaller and smaller until the last families finally left.

The small girl sighed and turned her head to the sun. Amala had long ago taught her how to tell the approximate time by looking at the position of the sun and the shadows. Despite her young age she was clever and picked up on things quickly. If her guess was right, which it usually was, the sun would set in less than two hours. Her camp was at least half an hour away so she had a few moments to walk around this part of the beach before she had to head down the shore to get to the trail that let back to camp.

Pulling herself up onto the top of the dune she brushed off the sand that had accumulated on her colourful skirts. She untied the tambourine from her hip and shaking it and tapping it a few times to find a rhythm that she liked.

She closed her eyes and began her dance. Twisting and twirling around in circles with practiced movements. Her hands shook the tambourine on their own accord and she lost herself in a melody that only she could hear.

The boy watched from his position up in the tree as the colourful girl began to dance. Her small feet kicking up sand. Her movements were so graceful and fluid. Almost hypnotic really.

He had to get closer.

Her dance stopped with her arms in the air, poised dramatically. She held her pose few a few seconds before relaxing. Dancing like this always helped her mind to focus and yet relax at the same time. For a few moments after her dance had ended she felt truely peacful.

She was so caught up in the feelings that coursed through her mind and body that she almost didn't hear the clapping.

Her eyes snapped open and she froze as her gaze connected with a pair of midnight blue eyes. It took her a few seconds to realise that he was the boy that had dissapeared earlier. Fear ran through her veins like ice cold water, chilling her to the bone. He had seen her. After all these weeks of settling in and getting to know the place. Now that she had been foolish enough to have been spotted so close to camp they would have to leave again.

Emotions flashed through her. Saddness. Anger. Fear. Dissapointment. Anxiousness. She turned and ran for the edge of the dune, leaping off the edge and ducking into a roll as she landed.  

"Wait!" The boy shouted as he broke out of his daze. "Please don't go!"

When the girl had opened her eyes and looked at him something stirred inside his chest. He might only be young but he was a wolf and his mother had told him everything he needed to know. The second the girl looked into his eyes he knew. Just a touch would confirm his thoughts. That was all he needed, just once touch.

-------

That ladies, gentlemen and unicorns was the first chapter. Tell me what you think. Was it good, too long, too short? Tell me seriously! 

Sorry of there are any errors as with all my stories this story won't be edited until it's completed so bare with me until then.

BELLA OUT!! vale!