Chapter 1

Bright sunlight greets me through my curtains as I open my eyes. I wonder what time it is so I look at the clock on my bedside table. It reads 9 am and I decide to get up. I walk up into the kitchen where I make myself a snack. As I pass the living room I see my mom sitting on the couch, reading a book.

"Hey, Mom."

"Hm? Oh, hi, (Y/N)," Mom replied, momentarily distracted from her book. I look around the living room.

"Where's Dad?" I question.

"His boss called in last night after you went to bed and said he needed to work on his day off." Mom soon went to her book, signaling me that there was nothing else to talk about. I go to my room, finishing my snack on my way. I grab my phone and see that my friend, Paige had messaged me an hour ago. I text her back, apologizing for not answering sooner.

I decided that it was time to take a shower and lay out my clothes to change into after. I go into the bathroom and turn the water on. I change out of my clothes and get into the shower.

*Skipping the boring details*

I wrap a towel around my body and go into my room to get my clothes. Even though it seems childish, I still keep a fair share of my old stuffed animals for sentimental purposes. As I unwrapped the towel around me I felt like the toys I keep on a shelf were looking at me, strange it may be. I couldn't stop feeling their fake eyes' stare, so to relieve myself I turned them all to face the wall. I changed into my clothes really quick then put my used towel on a hook in the bathroom. 

As I go back to my room and turn all of the toys back around to avoid the questions that were sure to come from my mom, I realized that I didn't recognize one toy that I swear wasn't there a minute ago. It wasn't even a stuffed animal; it was a black wind-up mouse. I don't remember having one but in the end, I shrug it off and blame it on forgetfulness. 

I pick up my phone and read the reply to my text saying not to worry and she was just wondering if I could come to her place. I text back my agreement and go to the living room to tell Mom that I'm going to Paige's house. Mom, being the person that she is, asks if a way of getting back, how long will I stay there, and more questions upon those ones. I assure her I'll be okay and to further soothe her nerves I answer her questions as best I can. In the end, when she's satisfied with these answers, or as satisfied as she can be, I leave the house on a journey to Paige's.

(I know the first chapter is kinda slow, but it'll get more eventful later on I swear *~*)