ix. TOO WILLY-NILLY

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE

TOO WILLY-NILLY

          HER MIND CLUNG ONTO GREER'S WORDS EVEN THOUGH IT HAD BEEN A FEW DAYS, NOT LETTING GO AS IT SUNK ITS CLAWS DEEPER INTO THE PHRASE AND ITS POSSIBLE MEANING. Her never-ending curiosity was so infatuated with the little bit of information that was changing everything, opening up a large can of worms that she wasn't exactly liking open because everything was just getting a little bit more complicated and that bad feeling she had when she first laid eyes on Alistair was gaining some credibility and this was getting a lot bigger than him not liking flowers and living in a cold castle.

Something was going on, that was obvious, even more so than it had been before, because it wasn't like that part was ever subtle, but that something was getting a whole lot scarier and she wasn't sure if breaking up the marriage when there were bad intentions on Alistair's part sort of confirmed now which could hurt her aunt. And, well, during this whole process, trying to find the perfect plan to break up her marriage, Morgan never actually wanted to hurt her Aunt Helen.

Just a little heartbreak like she had been through before, but nothing other than that. The heartbreak wouldn't hurt much and Morgan was old enough to really understand everything now and could properly be there and look after her aunt during that time of hurting, and it would be fine because she had bounced back better than ever after her other two marriages, so why did this have to be any different?

But now, there was a little bit of hesitation, because something dark was going on and she wasn't sure if it was safe anymore. Still, if it was bad and dangerous, that was even more reason to get her aunt and herself away from Alistair and the Ainsley family claws and ideals he had. So, the plan was not called off, and she was still going to end that marriage even if it killed her, because her aunt deserved it.

Out of anyone that Morgan knew, Helen Lee deserved a happy ending. She deserved a good ending and a sweeter place to live and the best goddamn life that life could give her, not these endless heartbreaks and uses as a ploy in a bigger game with a dangerous man. She deserved something good and happy, so Morgan was going to give that to her, no matter what.

After all, it was the least she could do after Helen Lee – who did not under any circumstance want kids – took in her very young niece after the death of her parents. To hell with her feelings about children and her desire never to raise one, Morgan needed her so she became a mother, raising her with the best morals she could and always keeping her happy, laying down her life and her wishes because Morgan needed her more.

She respected her aunt so much because she knew that she was stubborn, she knew that she didn't do anything she didn't want, and Helen most definitely did not want to raise her, but she did it anyway. Morgan was selfish, and Helen was selfless, and she loved her aunt so much for the trait and wished that she had it and maybe this was just her attempt to be like her aunt while also repaying her. If she could just get Helen out of this sketchy marriage and with someone who actually deserved her, Morgan would feel better for all the sacrifices Helen had made for her.