Y/N always had a penchant for bars that gave little effort to be considered "Irish". She thought it was funny how only the name of the bar and a logo with a shamrock could make the place pass for an Irish bar. Luckily for her, she found herself at "O'Reilly's Pub". She hesitated to go into the establishment because it was directly across the street from the hotel that she and Seth were staying at. That is, until she stormed out of his locker room earlier that night. She had yet to figure out where she was staying that night, let alone how to get her things out of his car, the hotel room, and get herself back home. She figured he wouldn't even go looking for her at all, let alone in O'Reilly's.

The bar was nearly empty, as it was only a Tuesday night. The bartender was an older, balding, black man, who Y/N could guess wasn't O'Reilly, and probably wasn't Irish. She didn't venture to ask, and instead only asked the tired looking man for vodka sodas every 45 minutes. The bartender would oblige, and didn't pry when his tired eyes met her red and puffy ones. Perhaps he'd seen it all before and knew that his only patron was not there for conversation, but just company and booze. He polished the glasses behind the bar quietly while they listened to the smooth voice of Luther Vandross.

The dainty tin of the bell above the door cut through the smooth baritone of Luther, and caused Y/N to slowly turn towards the door. The bartender glanced at the door as well, his thick brows raised when he realized he had more than one customer that night. "What can I get you brother?" The man tossed his dish rag over his shoulder as he eyed his new customer.

"I'll just take a well bourbon, neat." The man set the drink out for his new customer and went back to his idle polishing.

Y/N felt the hint of a smile tug at the corners of her lips as her eyes followed Roman. He made his way to the bar, his large frame settled down two seats away from her. He only gave her a cursory glance and subtle nod, before staring blankly ahead of him. She took the moment to admire his tattooed and muscled arms, leading into a simple grey shirt that was just tight enough for her to imagine the ridges and curves of his torso.

"You had a rough night too huh?" Y/N didn't even allow time for her mind to process her words before they escaped her mouth. The man obvious wanted to be left alone, and yet there she was striking up conversation as if they were more than acquaintances at best.

"What?" His brown eyes stole another glance toward Y/N. He shook his head and came to. "Yeah. I mean- yeah." He mumbled before looking down at his drink and taking a swig.

A silence fell over the two. They had felt this before, but Y/N felt the urge to cut to it before it got anymore awkward than it already was.

"Was it your wife?" Y/N couldn't believe she was being so bold, but then again, she had been drinking for some time. "I just noticed your ring isn't on, and you had it on before."

Roman furrowed his brow and shot an irritated look at the woman scooting closer to him. "Excuse me?"

"I'm just saying, you look really upset, and you had it on earlier..." And the sobering glare from Roman slowed Y/N's ramble to a halt. She had already scooted onto the stool next to the annoyed wrestler, but had felt too embarrassed to make any more movements. She threw back the last large gulp of her drink, hoping something in it would make her a more palatable person to Roman.

He sighed heavily and closed his eyes. "You're right. I didn't realize it was that obvious, or why I'm telling you anything. But yes, its my wife... or ex-wife now? God, I don't know anymore."

"I'm sorry." Y/N felt like kicking herself for even bringing any of it up, but she felt a comfort in being around someone just as sad as she was, or perhaps even more. "I shouldn't have brought it up. I just thought... I don't know what I thought. Guess thinking isn't really what I do when I drink."