We'll Stay Forever This Way

Elijah POV

"Elena! Open the door!" I heard Caroline's voice. What was Elena's sister so stirred up about?

I just had the most beautiful moment of my life. The feeling of Elena's body against mine was magnificent.

"ELENA! OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!" Caroline shouted at the top of her lungs. Elena rolled from by my side and wrap a sheet around her.

Once Elena opened the door, Caroline came crashing in.

"Elena, we have to leave now," Caroline warned.

"What are you talking about?" Elena asked her.

"The ship is going to sink." Caroline panted.

"The ship can't sink

"The ship can't sink." I gasped terrified. Elena looked at me. She was shocked. Suddenly my shoes being wet after I came from the boiler room made clear sense to me. We were stepping in water that flooded the area.

"She is made of iron. I assure you she can sink." Caroline said rhetorically.

"Caroline, where are the others?" Elena asked her with a hint of horror. I felt like a complete monster. I took Elena away from her family out of my own greed. Now the ship was sinking. My chance of survival was very slim. I was a third class men. Surely they would get all the women and children on the escape boats first, then they would work on the first class men, and then that's when I come in the picture.

"The others are out by the boats. They sent me to get you after Enzo told Damon he saw you with Elijah." Caroline stated. "They think I am the only one who can convince you otherwise."

"Well they were wrong. Caroline, I'm not leaving Elijah." Elena informed.

I stood up immediately. Was Elena actually serious!

 Was Elena actually serious!