part 6

Your pv.
_____

Work sucked and to think you used to love working here, now it drains the life from your body. The light in your eyes gets dimmer with each item you moved passed the glaring red light. Asking the same questions over and over again. "Do you have a reward card?", "Cash or Credit?", answering whatever stupid one that would pop into their head about some price they could have only but hallucinated. Joshua walks over, your cunt of a superior not quite your boss but still not your level he gets to tell you what to do and you don't like that. "Hey (n/y/n), so today we're gonna need you to face the cereal aisle after your break kay thanks."
That wasn't your name he knows it and he also knows how much it pissed you off when he says it wrong. Like how hard is it to pronounce (y/n) just look at the letters! You wanna strife like never before but sadly you can't you have a nice house and you need money to pay for that nice house.

"Sure thing Josh."

"Great!"

He walks away stupidly. You're not really sure how someone can but he does. Nobody likes him he's creepy.

"So what's the damage?"

Your attention is pulled yo a 40-year-old man who thinks he's funny. 'What's the damage?' You've heard that way too many times today it not funny it's never been. You take the scowl off your face and pleasantly say

"$40.56."

He puts his card in the terminal and it makes that gob awful beeping. Payment approved. This man has done you no wrong why are you taking it out on him? You reach over and turn off your light while the receipt prints off. Ripping it from the roll you hand it to the man as he packs his groceries and step away from your register. It wasn't busy at all but you're a cashier, not a stocker why is he making you face. The most boring job ever quite literally pulling whatever's on the shelf to the edge so it looks pretty. You start the mind-numbing task. I hope Eq locked my door you think.
_________

Eq's pv
_________

You think you locked their door...did you? You start to sweat. You stop to take a moment to comb your memory. You did lock the door! Thank goodness, what would (y/n) think if you didn't it was such a simple task they might think you're incompetent. They'd probably never speak to you again. They'd hate you forever and ever and ever and ev-
"Equius are you okay?"  
A voice pulls you from your thoughts. 
"You've been standing outside my door furr like 5 minutes." 
"Oh, I was just... thinking."
"Well get inside you goofball it's raining... or are you just sweating really heavily -33-"
Nepeta purses her lips and narrows her eyes at you.
"Let me get you a towel."
She recedes into the 'house'. You step in and wafts of tea hit you hard. So many kinds all at once, you'd think you'd be used to it by now.
"You know I oughta start charging you for these."
You take the towel right as a high pitched whistle pierces the air. You jump.
"Oh, my cameowmile!"
She races into the kitchen. As you wipe yourself off your attention is turned to the many scribblings on the wall. The number of her pairing has grown quite a bit since coming to earth more people to ship you guess. You browse all the names until one catches your eye. (Y/N). Nep shipped her but what quadrant and with who?! You couldn't look but you did the next symbol a "<3". Oh no. You start to sweat thinking of every name that could be there and how much you don't want them to be. Finally, you look, frozen in place you read the letters.     E-Q-U-I-U-S.    B-But how?
You hear Nepeta's giggles from the kitchen doorway.

___________

Hey guys sorry this took forever to come out and I was going to release it a few days ago but something came up with work. I have no idea when the next parts going to come out I won't even lie but thank you @namzbe for spamming me in the comments lol see you guys in the next part. thanks for 5k+ reads