The beginning

I wake up with the familiar emptiness around me. I can't believe my parents have left me for 6 months to go on vacation. My necklace lays on my nightstand, I pick it up and place it around my neck pretending this stupid thing doesn't practically decide my fate. As every morning I pick my outfit for the day before stepping into a warm shower. After that I go downstairs to see what Holly has made for breakfast. Holly is my Nanny but I call her Auntie Holly because I've known her my whole life.

For breakfast I find waffles and bacon in front of me with some scrambled eggs and hash browns next to it, My favorite. I don't have time to stay and talk to holly this morning, I need to get to school. It's my first day of senior year and I heard there's a new kid named Jess. This is kind of a small town so we don't get many new people around here, Grand Rapids is pretty quiet. Except today, when I walk in there's bodies everywhere each on their own mission. Some finding classes and some with their friends gossiping about who kissed who this summer. But not me I don't go out much. besides I have everything I need, my best friend Abbie.

"HEEYYYY BITCH" a voice in the distance yells.

I can hear her but I can't see her yet. Suddenly I'm on my ass, with her on top of me and weird looks all around us.

"I MISSED YOU SO MUCH LEXI" she screams.

I push her off of me and stand up. Then I hug her back and tell her I missed her too. I already know where my classes are so I talk with her for a while. When the bell rings we head to class. There are two seats in the back calling our names. We sit down and wait for the teacher to come in and waste the hour explaining the same rules every other teacher today will tell us, just like every year.

TIME SKIP (END OF THE DAY)

I walk in the door with Abbie behind me. We run into Holly passing through the kitchen. She's about to ask how school was until she sees Abbie.

" I missed you so much Abbie!!" She yells.

Abbie has been my best friend since 1st grade so everyone loves her. We go up to my room and watch movies and talk for the rest of the day. Finally we get tired at midnight and lay down to sleep. All I need is my best friend, she is always there for me.

The next few days are kinda boring. Most hours are spent of thinking about Friday. Jess seems shy, I've tried to think of some way to welcome him but nothing comes to mind. The thoughts in my head tell me to just give up because he'll never notice me. Maybe on Friday I'll have something to say to him. This week has been a comfortably uneventful one. Interesting is not my thing, I'd rather have things stay the same for the most part because one wrong thing and my fate could be decided just like that.

(Time skip to Friday)

    Finally it's Friday. I get up and shower, put makeup on and get ready for the day. I meet Abbie outside as I climb into the passenger seat. I see Jess throughout the day. He sits alone in all of our classes, and even lunch. Me and Abbie are talking all day earning a few scolding looks from teachers every once in a while, but they don't stop us.

    After school is over, I'm leaning on Abbie's car waiting for her to hurry up and get out here. There's a figure in front of me when I look up from my phone.

"Hey Lexi right?" Jess says quietly, his fierce Chocolate Brown eyes piercing through my ocean blue eyes.

"Um... yeah" I almost question my own name.

"I don't know many people here and I thought you look kinda cute standing here looking at your phone with those ocean eyes." He whispers just loud enough for me hear. He's trying to look confident but his eyes tell me that he's nervous, Im nervous too.

Conversation to be continued
————————————————————————
Sorry the first chapter is kinda short. I made sure I got to 700 words though. Hopefully as the story progresses the chapters will get longer and more interesting. So here's a sneak peek to this book. This is my first book so I don't really know how to go about this. I'd love some tips on how to progress the story from here, otherwise I would wait until I had a few chapters done to publish them. So here's the preview while I'm writing the next few. Comment any suggestions or tips.