Chapter 11

"I was just about to find you. Look!" She pointed excitedly to the screen the presenters were speaking.

"And now we have a quick exclusive. All the way from the UK, please welcome Conor Maynard!"

Cheers errupted from the studio audience.

"Thanks for having me!" He spoke politely, suprising me. Such a change from last Sunday. I couldn't help but wonder if he would be this well mannered when he arrived at my house. Or if the cameras were off.

"So you're taking a break from your new album, is that correct?"

"Yeah! I'm staying over at the house of a competition winner. She entered a competition and was chosen randomly out of 50."

So far he was telling the truth. His accent worked in his favour, and paired with a smile made an irresistible combination. The female host flushed, and took a drink of water. Conor chuckled under his breath, hardly noticeable.

The male host turned to him in his partner's absence. "And what is this young girl named?"

A boom mike slowly loomed into view. I wondered if he had been listening to a word Jenny had been saying.

He stretched out one of his arms, laying it comfortably on the back of the couch. As he readjusted himself, he turned back to the hosts.

"Her name is Anneliese. I'm actually heading there now, after I grab a quick coffee and lunch."

The female host looked disappointed at that, but did well to try and hide it. "Well thankyou for you're time. We'd be happy to have you on the show again."

Conor got up to shake hands with them. "Anytime."

As the channel went to an ad break, Mum turned her attention to me.

"You heard him! He's on his way!" She started pacing around the ironing board.

"Mum." She clearly wasn't listening, muttering under her breath. "Mum!" She spun suddenly, stray hairs floating on either side of her face. Creases had formed above her eyebrows.

"Hm?"

"It's going to be fine. There will be a cerfuffle to get out of the studio, and then a delay for him to eat. Relax."

Mum sat down on her bed, stress evident in her features. The anxieties in her eyes, the position of her shoulders. She was freaking out to say the least.

"I'm really glad you won. You deserve it." I wrap my arms around her. I didn't do anything special to win. Conor would most likely prefer one of those other ladies anyway. They would be much more fun for a star like him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thoughts? Comments? Anything? LET ME KNOW!! <3

Feel free to check out my oneshots or follow :)

Please vote :D

-Born2dance_143 :)