As soon as Hanamiya was about to walk away, Hyuga stepped up and said, "Wait! You better not have forgotten what you did last year."

"Hey, don't be mean." said Hanamiya innocently. "You still think I did something? I don't know what you're talking about. He just hurt himself." He then snapped his fingers, fully aware of what reaction Hyuga would have.

Like he had expected, Hyuga's eyes widened with fury. "Bastard!"

A hand was placed on his shoulder before he could go up to him. "He's even shittier in person." growled Kagami. "No matter what you pull..."

"We won't lose," continued Kuroko.

"Crush us if you can." added Kagami.

"Wow, you're assertive." said Hanamiya sarcastically. "I've heard about your first-year duo. You should be careful. I hope nothing happens." He turned around and walked away, returning to his teammates.

When it was time for the game to begin, the buzzer went off. Kiyoshi was on the bench taping his knee when three first-years walked up to him. "Kiyoshi-senpai!" called Kawahara, making him stop what he was doing and look at them. "We'll tape your legs for you!"

"Let us do it!" said Furihata.

"What?" responded the confused senior. "O-Okay..."

"There's not much we can do, but..." said Fukuda nervously, trailing off. "Well, uh..."

"Please win!" they said together.

'What?' thought Kiyoshi before looking at Hyuga, who was stretching his arms. "Hyuga, did you tell them?" he asked, knowing what they meant.

"I told Kuroko and Kagami." replied the captain. "It's nothing to hide." Kiyoshi looked back at the first-years and smiled before his eyes widened with surprise at the result.

"Finished!" they said after taping his knee, but they taped his entire leg.

Riko smacked Fukuda's head with a giant paper fan. "It's not finished at all!" she scolded. "What is he, a mummy?!" She removed the tape and redid it. "Sheesh..." Once she was done, she gently slapped the knee. "There! It's finished." Kiyoshi stood and tested his left leg for any signs of pain. "Don't push yourself too hard, though. If you think you're in trouble, we'll switch you out immediately."

"Got it." he said before giving the first-years a pat on their heads. "Thanks." He then went up to the concerned Yasu and rubbed her head. "Don't worry. We will win this." She looked up at him and smiled, nodding. He then walked towards the court to join his team.

"Alright!" said Hyuga as the starters huddle in a circle. "Let's win! Seirin, fight!"

"Yeah!" they shouted.

A boy blew a bubblegum until it popped. He had long, messy purple hair that reached over his eyes, covering them completely. "They're so annoying." he commented. "They're making me dizzy.

"The game's starting!" yelled a boy with spiky, light brown hair and small eyes. "Wake up!" He kicked a player who was sleeping but failed to wake him up.

"He's not a starter." said the player.

"Leave him alone." said another boy monotonously. "It's sad, isn't it? The harder they try, the more brutal the outcome." Hanamiya only grinned at this.

The buzzer went off, and both teams lined up across each other. "The game between Seirin High and Kirisaki Dai Ichi High will now begin!" shouted the referee. "Bow!"

"Thanks for the game!" said the player in unison while bowing.

"It's starting." said Kise.

"Yeah." said his team captain.