The Dream

Groaning, Luna sat up in her bed and huffed. Another night of no sleep was starting to get to her as a huge yawn passed through her lips. Shes tried melatonin, sleeping pills, and even chamomile tea, but nothing seemed to work with her. Sighing, she got up out of bed and walked over to the window seat that she used to read books at during the day.

'Maybe that's why I can't sleep tonight.' She thought to herself as she picked up a binder with the words SCP on the front. 'I didn't get to finish going through the binder Jen gave me to read. I only got up to SCP-073, Cain I think his name was.' Setting it back down, she looked up at the sky and saw the bright full moon looking back down at her. Staring into the silvery glow of the moonlight, she never noticed her breathing getting slower or her eyes closing shut. The last thing she saw before sleep claimed her was the glowing red tail of a comet passing over the moon.

Looking around, Luna noticed that she was no longer in her room. Instead, she was surrounded by a vast field of lush grass and flowers. Trees littered the edges of the field and the sky was a clear blue with thins wisps of clouds rolling by. The curious thing about this place was that there was no sun shining to bring forth any light, there was only a huge moon that filled a tenth of the sky.

"Where am I?" She whispered to herself was she gazed at the moon in a trace. This place gave her a sense of calm and peace that she never knew could exist. Just as she was about lay down and enjoy this new found place, something made her pause and take another look around the clearing. Everything was still as her eyes wandered around the field once more and found something that wasn't there before.

A man.

Now her friends usually called her a Fictiophilia because she seemed to only be attracted to fictional men. Whether they were from books or cartoons didn't matter her as long as she liked their personality and looks. There was something about this man that seemed to call out to her though. He had perfect olive skin that reminded her of a greek god; Long inky black hair that seemed to flow in an invisible wind; Tattoos that looked tribal and seemed to be colored with blood; and deep grey eyes that called out to her soul.

He didn't say anything to her. In fact, he didn't even move a muscle, only his hair swayed around him with a wind she couldn't feel blowing. Luna didn't know how long they were like that in the field, but something urged to her speak out.

"Who are you?" His grey eyes sparkled with hidden amusment as he took a moment to ponder her question. A few minutes passed before he spoke out in a deep voice with a language she didn't know, but somehow knew the meaning.

Waking up to the sound of her alarm clock, Luna startled awake and fell off the side of her window seat. The bang could be heard throughout the house and a faint voice could be heard from downstairs, asking if she was alright. Groaning, she just sat up and rubbed her aching head.

Two words were going round and round in her mind that she couldn't make sense of. Getting up, Luna walked over to her bed and sat down on the soft covers, her eyes wandering to the nearby mirror to stare at her reflection.

"What did he mean by that..."She asked her mirrored self in confusion. "Your Fate?"