“I split up with her when we moved here. Right question three; have you ever had a boyfriend from our school?” I knew this question was going to come.

“Yes I have. Question three-”

“Hey that was not a good enough answer!” His shocked face was almost funny.

“You just asked if I had not anything else. Now question three; why did you move here?” I had always wondered why they bothered because my Dad had said they came from a really good job.

“My um… my sister died she was a year older than me; Nathan and I protected her from everything. Until one day we didn’t protect her; we’d had an argument so we had left her to go to school by herself and we lived in a rough neighbourhood.

On her way to school she was stabbed in an alley because she wouldn’t go with this random man. She bled to death all alone and cold; the last face she saw was his.” I had tears in my eyes when he’d finished but I couldn’t see his face since he was looking down. “My family wanted to move somewhere where there were no teenage girls because every time we saw one Alfie would bawl his eyes out.” I crawled over to him and lifted his chin up.

“I don’t want to play this game anymore.” It was true that after hearing that story I felt sick to the pit of my stomach.

“But I still have things to ask you.” He stammered.

“All right but I don’t have any more questions.”  He nodded while thinking about his next question.

“Who was your boyfriend and what happened?” I knew he would ask.

“His name was or I should say is Will Cage. You might know him because he’s in our year; but luckily none of my classes. I can’t seem to look at him after he did that to me.

We were going out last year and over the Christmas break he had cheated on me with this girl in his neighbourhood. So when he came back he told me then dumped me because she was the girl he’d always wanted. But a few days later he came crawling back and miss gullibility over here took him back. So we were seeing each other until he dumped me for the second time because and I quote ‘some of the lads like you too so I don’t think it would be fair on them.’ Of course this made me really upset so the next time he came running back I refused until he said ‘I’m so sorry, they just all like you and I can’t stand it when the ogle you in front of me.’

I had this weird thing where I thought being jealous was cute because it showed they cared.  So I stupidly took him back only for him to cheat on me with the same girl in the Easter holidays; but this time he didn’t tell me. Tom his best friend told me because at one point in his life he was a good person who thought I deserved better; now Tom is just the same.

I dumped him the second I saw his face that day in front of everyone; that was the only time I’ve ever cried at school. But something good did come out of that.” I smiled at the memory completely forgetting I was telling a story to Noah.

“And that is?” He egged on.

“Later that day Will was found beaten up in a closet but the thing was all of my friends were with me all day. So that means other boys in our school are protective of me too.” I was happy some boys liked me in the school. “Oh and it wasn’t Dan or Ben because they were away with football.”

“I could have told you the boys were protective over you. To them you’re like a little sister; even the ones who you never speak to.” He smiled.

“How would you know?” I meant offense to him but he had only been at our school for two weeks.

“I was talking to them about you and it was the day we first meant. So I wasn’t exactly being nice about you and Rory but they all stood up for you; having a right go at me because I called you some stuff. Sorry about that.” He grinned as his embarrassment grew.