The City

CHAPTER SIX

The knife pressed up against her throat and sting of pain throbbed through again, blurring her sight.

The man released the knife from her neck and moved it to her cheek. He moved the knife down her cheek, leaving a long cut.

Out of the corner of her eye she could see a small drop of blood seep from the cut and she could soon taste the metallic blood that had dropped into her mouth.

The man placed the knife back to her throat and sneered. "You deserve this," the man spat, slicing the knife across her throat as she collapsed on the floor, a puddle of scarlet forming around her.

I shot up of of bed, falling onto the floor with a thud.

The room was still dark. I slid up from the floor, wiping the sweat from my forehead. I waited for my breathing to slow before getting up.

I walked over to the door, opening it up and sliding out.

Yep. It was night. All the halls were dark except the small occasional glowing bulbs that seemed to be hanging from the wall, the light reflecting off the sleek gray of the floor.

I strolled down the corridor, my feet only making a small tap on the smooth cement floor.

The dead silence of the halls was interrupted by a sudden bang, and ,by instinct, I pressed myself against the wall, my eyes darting around the halls.

The halls grew silent again, an eerie silence. I took a step away from the wall, slowly moving forward toward the sound. I stopped at the end of the wall which edged off into a corner. I peeked my head around the corner, looking around. The hall was dark but I could still see the two silhouettes standing in the hall. Well, I say standing but only one was standing up.

The other one looked like he had fallen to his knees, and he was clutching his nose as if someone had hit him.

The other man stood stiff above him, his fists clenched at his sides. "You know she will find out," the one man said, his voice sounding muffled from his hand over his nose and mouth.

Suddenly intrigued I moved closer, staying pressed up to the wall, as if to stay hidden.

The man who was standing kneeled down, his head still higher than the other's. "I'll make sure that won't happen. You," he shot, pointing at the man," need to do your job. And then I can do mine."

"But she's remembering, that's not supposed to happen," the smaller one said, his voice oozing worry.

"It's not like this hasn't happened before," the taller one sighed. "It happened with me, and a couple others, and we turned out just fine."

"But Alec," the shorter one breathed.

Alec?

"She's different. She mentally stronger than even you and she's growing physically stronger as well. If anything, I mean anything, goes wrong almost no one will be able to match her, or stop her from going."

"I can," Alec stood, pulling the smaller one to his feet. "She might be strong but I'm stronger. Adrianna will not win, we must contain her. You do your job and I can do mine," he said, growling.

Adrianna. My name is Adrianna. At least I think. It sounded so familiar.

Alec and the man must have heard my gasp, because they both spun around, looking around the hallway.

"Someone's here," the shorter man said. "We need to get them," he ordered, starting off toward the other direction.

Alec grabbed his shoulder, spinning him toward me. He lifted his hand, pointing directly at me.

I froze. "There," Alec pointed. He took a step forward, and I matched it, taking a shaky step back. "Go!"

I spun on my heels, dashing down the other hallway, back toward my room. My feet only made a slight tap compared to the large sound Alec's shoes made on the floor.

I dashed down the halls, my breathe panting. I was slowly gaining space between us, stopping every once and checkin to see I a door was open.

I turned around a corner, seeing a door ajar. I quickly slid in, shutting the door to a quiet click.

The room was basically a small closet, filled with a couple chairs and some mops.

I pressed my ear up against the door, listening to Alec's footsteps.

"Go ahead," the familiar voice said.

"But Alec, what if I find her? What do I do?"

"Knock her out and ten yell for me," Alec said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I heard a pair of footsteps retreat. I could still she Alec's shadow from under the door , his feet shuffling back and forth.

"Shit." He started to walk away, making me make the mistake of letting out the breathe I had been holding.

He stopped, backing up to in front of the door. My heart was beating loudly and I swear he could hear it.

"Hello," he said, almost in a mocking tone.

Next thing I knew I could hear the doorknob begin to twist.

--------------

BUM BUM BUM!!!!!!!!

MUST READ!: I have noticed a lot of people have stopped reading my book. Please keep faithful. I know it's hard to do when I keep making changes but I just need you all to believe in me. So please keep reading till the end or till I delete it (most likely till the end). MUST READ!:

A quick replacement chapter, better then the last one yea?

Remember keep reading and please vote and comment for me.

READ ON PEOPLE!!

see u later