Chapter 18

October 31, 1998

It was now October, leaves turning brown, air turning chilly. Today was Halloween, which meant Hogwarts would be having a annual celebration, and Professor Slughorn would be hosting his party for the Slug Club. As usual, students would attend some type of party, or even house parties inside common rooms. Lucky for Draco, Slytherin had been planning their annual Hallowe'en party since the first day of school. Slytherin were always the ones to have the best parties, they did strive to be the best of course. After days of persuading Hermione to come to the Slytherin party with him, she gave in under the exception that her friends could come. This party, was truly going to go down into history.

Draco and Hermione walked into the great hall for breakfast hand in hand, their relationship still getting stares and uncertain glares. It had been a month and people still were learning to adjust to the fact that Draco Malfoy out of everyone was now dating a muggle born. For the Gryffindor's it was just weird to see one dating a Slytherin and vise versa.

"Wow, it's beautiful!" Exclaimed Hermione to Draco as they made their way to the Gryffindor table to sit with their friends.

"I think you're more beautiful." He said to himself quietly so she couldn't hear.

Draco nodded when she looked up for a reply as they examined the thousand's of live bats fluttering from the walls and ceiling's, while a thousand more swooped over the tables in low black clouds, making the candles in the pumpkins stutter. Their breakfast feast's has already appeared on golden plates, made for special occasion. They sat down, being greeted happily by their friends.

"Hello, Draco and Hermione!" Chirped Harry as he sipped some pumpkin juice down. His arm was around Ginny protectively.

"Harry." They said in unison. Hermione turned to the two Slytherin and other Gryffindor and nodded. "Blaise, Pansy, Ginny."

"Granger."

"You can call me Hermione, we've been friends for a month!" She huffed, making Blaise chuckle.

He flicked his wrist to tell her to piss off, and turned to Draco evilly. Draco grew the same expression confusion the Gryffindor's.

"So how about that party, with us in charge it's destined to go down as the most bloody awesome party Slytherin has ever had." Began Blaise, chewing a chicken leg. "I heard Miles Bletchley is planning on adding expanders into the room to make it as big as a ballroom."

"I heard Theo is charming extra bedrooms into the common room for people to get..." Pansy paused and smirked. "Frisky."

Neville who was sitting next to Ginny spit his corn out and began gasping for air. Pansy laughed at his innocence before turning to Luna.

"Hey Loon, are you and your boyfriend coming?"

Luna shrugged and looked as if she was thinking so hard she might pass out. "Well I do believe Professor Slughorn invited Neville and I, I don't want to reject his offer. Not many people are going this year and I don't want him to feel bad!" She replied sadly.

Pansy scoffed and shook her head. "That's no fun, we all gotta get frisky!" She put her hands up in the air and jiggled them around crazily making everyone laugh. Pansy wasn't too bad if you were her friend, but be her enemy though and it's flaming hell.