Doxies: Year 5/Summer

Start from the beginning

It wasn't until midday when they were done. The bucket was full of doxies, and a bowl next to it was full of their shiny black eggs that Crookshanks seemed to have a certain interest to.

"I think we'll tackle those after lunch," Mrs. Weasley pointed at one of the glass cabinets that Amisty had refused to look at because the assortment of objects inside was less than pleasant.

Rusty daggers, claws -- from what creature she didn't nor wanted to know -- what seemed to be a snakeskin, silver boxes covered in a strange language, and a glass bottle that seemed to be filled with crimson blood.

Less than appealing.

The doorbell rang again.

Amisty just slumped down into a chair and rolled her eyes.

Ginny giggled.

"Stay here. I'll bring up some sandwiches," Mrs. Weasley grabbed the bag of rats and headed toward the door as the stupid portrait started screeching its insults.

Again.

For the second time that morning.

The second Mrs. Weasley disappeared they all raced to the window to see who rang the doorbell.

"Mundungus! What's he brought all those cauldrons for?" Hermione wondered aloud, pressing her nose to the glass.

"Probably looking for a safe place to keep them. Isn't that what he was doing the night he was supposed to be tailing me? Picking up dodgy cauldrons?" Harry suggested.

"Yeah, you're right!" Fred nodded as the door opened and Mundungus disappeared inside the house. "Blimey, Mum won't like that."

Fred and George walked over to the door and pressed their ears to it now that Sirius's mother was done with her screech fest.

"Mundungus is talking to Sirius and Kingsley. Can't hear properly... d'you reckon we can risk the Extendable Ears?" Fred asked.

"Might be worth it. I could sneak upstairs and get a pair -- " George started, but then Mrs. Weasley was shouting and Amisty almost fell out of her chair.

"WE ARE NOT RUNNING A HIDEOUT FOR STOLEN GOODS!" Mrs. Weasley shrieked.

"I love hearing Mum shouting at someone else. It makes such a nice change," Fred laughed giddily.

" -- COMPLETELY IRRESPONSIBLE, AS IF WE HAVEN'T GOT ENOUGH TO WORRY ABOUT WITHOUT YOU DRAGGING STOLEN CAULDRONS INTO THE HOUSE -- "

George let out a sigh, shaking his head, "The idiots are letting her get into her stride. You've got to head her off early, otherwise she builds up a head of steam and goes on for hours. And she's been dying to have a go at Mundungus ever since he sneaked off when he was supposed to be following you, Harry -- aaand there goes Sirius's mum again -- "

He was right. Within the span of one morning.

The painting was screaming.

Yet again.

Third time.

Amisty took a deep breath, slamming her hands down on the chair, "OH MY MERLIN I HATE THAT DAMN PAINTING! I CAN DEAL WITH EXPLOSIONS! I CAN DEAL WITH APPARATING AROUND THE HOUSE, BUT BY CIRCE'S NAME IF THAT STUPID THING GOES OFF ONE MORE TIME -- "

"Alright, alright," Ron was laughing hysterically at her outburst, "Fred, close the door before she loses her mind entirely!"

"I forgot you could be loud when you wanted," George laughed, shaking his head.