What a good Dad.

For one Midoriya Izuku his childhood up to the age of 3 was very normal, thank you very much! In fact, it was on the very night of his 3rd birthday, which it stoped being normal.

Now Izuku, like most children born into his generation, was missing a toe joint, so, was perfectly eligible to gain a quirk, at some point in his early years. The arrival of his quirk however, was not expected in such a curt fashion with such negative repercussions.

Yes, as you've most likely guessed, on the very night of turning 3 Izuku got a present early. His quirk manifestation! Although it was not exactly well timed, so to say.

Not well timed being a small green haired child, accidentally using an almost deadly aspect of it and destroying a common aspect of a childhood experience.

It stared with him experiencing uncomfortable feelings in his eyes, mouth and scalp, along with prickling sensations on his skin, for a few days before the event. This really should have hinted that his quirk was soon to come, but was passed off as 'growing pains'.

The first to change was the eyes.

As you are most probably aware, there are many old stories of people with powerful and gifted eyes. Seers who can tell the future, exorcists who see demons, mediums who see ghosts or any of those cool quirks all the heroes in fairytales have. But there are also cursed eyes like a gaze that can kill, petrify or turn to stone.

Unfortunately so for our protagonists he got the latter. I've been building this narrative in such a foreboding way for a while now, that it should not come to you as a surprise that the young boys eyes gained the ability to kill with eye contact. Not just kill but change, freeze, immortalise any being with eyes and the misfortune of meeting his gaze into a still stone statue.

And this is where we are when it first manifests it's self. A young boy with his father, being taken to bed. His eyes has stoped hurting earlier that day. He has them open wider now than before when the burning in them had peaked the other night leaving him reluctant to open them in the morning.

But it's okay now, the pain is over and he can look around without a worry. It's just a shame he's got to go to bed now. He's bundled up in his Dad's safe grasp head tucked into his shoulder as they're make way towards his room.

Hizashi always had the warmest hugs, it must have had something to do with that fire based quirk.

He set his now droopy eyed son down on the bed, sleep having caught up with them, and gently tucked him in comfortably. Before kissing the child's forehead and turning to leave them to sleep.

"Daddy?" Called the young voice, turning to look at his parent's retreating figure. The larger Male stopping in the door way and looking over his shoulder.

"Yes Iz—" he paused as soon as his gaze met his sons now large bright red eyes that seemed to give off a glow in the dark room. It wasn't the sight of the eyes that stopped him though, it was the effect they had.

His body began to stiffen. He couldn't move. He couldn't move! He's rooted to the spot by the mere contact his gaze made with his sons deadly eyes. A numbness is spreading up his leg he can feel it.

Heavy, solid and numb.

He feels like he should panic but he can't. He's not the energy. The numbness is climbing in his finger tips to the knee of his left leg half way up his right shin.
He should be p̘̯͎͙̠͓̺a͔͉̞̜n̠̗̮̘̥i̤̺c͍͔̳͎̺k͇͚̺̮̪̙i̙̮n̰̰͔͓g̘̩͕͙̥̰̼.
He should get help.

He can't move.

It climbs higher.

He can't move.

His left hand and leg up to the thigh feel like stone.

And...

H̭̎̐ͣ̆ͫ̾̚è c͔̎̓̔̂a͇̫͗n͉̲̳̖̫̝͈͌'͔͍̖̈̿t͖̳̱̹̺͕̽̒̃̉ ̪͉̓̈́̔̓ͭ̄m͙̗o̯͈͎͐ͪv̘̲̹̳̙̓̐̄ͯ͋͒̊e̟͔͔̙͛͌ͅͅ.̱̙̭͇͇ͭͣ̆ ̫̙̫ͦͣͦ̃

A red gaze.

H̜͖ͣ͌ẹ̯̮̑͛̽̋ͅ ̥̭̤̘̣͖ͫ̽͐ͅć̭̣̱͙͚̋̓̂̊a͇̹͛͂̔ͬ̌̚n̝̜͕͉͚͉͖͔̠ͬ'͈͚ͤ͐ͧͬ̏̇ͭ̈t̮̙̻̾̄ͮͩͪ ͍̯͈̹̙͕̗͖̿̿̅m̼̟͉̹̞̿͋̉̂ͫ͆̓̌̽o͔̱̰̠ͦ̿ͭ̓͆̐͌̚ͅṽ͕̥͙̝̤͇e͙̟͖̗̰͖̖̪ͯ̿ͮ.̳̗͎̘͕̦͔̏̀ͫͅ ̜͔̝͙̱͉͖̯̊͊̃͒͂ͅ

Deadly nightmare eyes and

H͙͖̣̟̔̌͑͆̏ͩͧ̊̀͑ͣ̆̋̄̋͑̀ͮe̱̙̦̺̻̼͖̮̱̞̲͔̫̭̞͗̽̽̃̋͐̚ ͔͓͙͇͖̙̬̳̠̞̗̥̟͎̺͇̃ͭͮͩ̉̈̍̍ͧ̋͗̃ͭ̊̔̚č͇̩̠̝̯͈͚̝̥̯̠̳̟͈̦̟̳̺̉̓̀̈́̑̐a̦͉̘̗̖͓̥͙͓ͧ͗̾͋̈́ͣ̇̃͌̏͑̌n͔̤̙̟̼̘̱̤̝̦͇̯̠͈͖̭̻̿̐͆ͭ̓̏ͨ̂ͩ̓̓̀̓̿͒ͬ'̝͙̰̗̙͔̼̙̪̯̗̥̳̪̰͕̳̱ͯ͆̀̿͂̈́ͤ͗ͧ̑̇ͣͨ̽̾̚t͎̯̣͚͙̩̺͚͔̫̫ͤ̽͋̅̍ ͔̘͖̗̥̼͔̬̼̖̀̒͌̌ͪͩ̓͌̈́ͭͨ̏ͨ͗ͧ̚ṃ̞̦̺̯̠̹̳̞̂̈͋̿ͬȍ̱̖̪̙̱͕̘͉͛͋̃͂ͣ̍́ͅv̱̜̮̲͈͈̯̣̲̥̮͍̞̯͈ͪ̍̽̇ͧͧ̈́́ͮ͆͋ͣ̍̚ͅė̜͔͎̜̰̤̟̀́̈́ͨͣͪ͒̏ͨ͒.̗̮̺͖̪̦́ͪ͒̐̂̃̚ ̭͕͎͈͚͎͙̻̗̰̣̮̉ͪ̃͗̐͂͋ͪ̋̑̄́̅ͅ

"Dad?" He snaps out of it sweat tuning down his face. A small hand is pulling at his trouser leg. He looks down large red curious eyes stair back.

He's terrified and he still can't move.

Feeling comes back into his legs rapidly, the feeling of turning into a rock is gone in them and he rips his gaze from the deathly crimson below him.

His panic begins.

This can't be his son. A being with such a toxic look and demonic blood coloured eyes don't belong to his innocence son. This isn't his son.

He pushes the offending beast away and slams the door on it not caring if he hits it as he does so. He needs to leave he has to get out and away from that, that, that thing!

He goes to run a hand through his hair to remove the locks that have fallen into his eyes from shaking only to feel something foreign. He looks at his hand.

The fingers are stone.

He's trembling. He's scared. He needs to leave.

Instincts are kicking in, it's fight or flight and he needs to get as much distance between himself and the scarlet eyed abomination as possible.

Hisashi Midoriya cannot think rationally. He does not consider consequence. He doesn't consider his sons quirk manifestation. He doesn't consider others well beings. All he considers is his own survival and his own escape.

He leaves his wife, he leaves his son. He leaves them with fire. Burning down their house to be rid of the monster that has replaced his son and flees.