Stranger Danger

Update: 5/8/19 & 5/20/19 (Minor editing, "faceless" images)

Avengers x Goddess reader

Clint Barton x Persephone reader, Bucky Barnes x Persephone reader, Natasha Romanoff x Persephone reader, Steve Rogers x Persephone reader (All platonic because I haven't decided on a love interest yet)

Summary: You know I suck at these. The team meets a Goddess. Plot will develop in future part(s).

Major Appearance: Steve, Bucky, Nat, YN, Clint

Minor Appearance: none(?) A snake and a tiger? Is this weird?

Warnings: Swearing/cursing. No angst or any sad shit. I think it's kinda funny, can't be sure unless y'all tell me. Possible excessive use of commas.

~~~~

With a final lurch the quinjet expelled a series of raucous belchs and proceeded to fall to its death. Everyone's hearts soaring in their mouths, Natasha 'made do' and 'landed' the jet (Bucky protested that the definition of landing was far from what Natasha was doing, and after a narrowing glare from her jewel eyes he then shut his traps and didn't release another peep). With the sole purpose of intel retrieval, the horde of HYDRA slugs was unexpected but dealt with accordingly although they did manage to rough up the engines. Nat confirmed that reaching all the way home (back to the compound in upstate New York) was impossible with one of the engines out and the other coughing like a worn out ratchet car. With Wanda not present for this op as her magic would have proven keeping the aircraft airborne rather easier the quinjet crashed into the thick forest of the Amazon. Toppling many of the tall trees, scaring flights of birds away, they finally landed, the entire front of the quinjet banged up while the wings were broken off and the hatch long gone. Steve shielded Natasha as she didn't have super soldier serum running in her veins nor a vibranium lined suit as Clint (as yet, damn Tony for working on Clint's suit first!). Unbuckling Nat coughed a few times and Cap voiced her question a second before she could.

"Everyone alright?"

"Yeah punk."

"Clint?"

"I'm good, Tony sure as hell did a fine job on the suit."

Nat pursed her plump lips and arched a perfectly plucked eyebrow his way before they all exited the fallen aircraft.
Their communication was fried and they were stuck in this heat filled maze.

"I just lost 50 bucks Nat!" The redhead struggled to avoid rolling her eyes at her best friend's childish antics as the sweltering heat slapped their exposed skin.

"Why the fuck is it so goddamn hot here?"

"We're in the Amazon Clint, did you forget we had a fully functional gps?"

"Emphasis on had."

"We're gonna die."

"Stop being a big baby and start walking," Nat quipped as she scanned the area, mirroring Buck's actions. Their eyes scoped the forest as Bucky's enhanced hearing strained to ensure they weren't tailed.
"Natasha is correct. If we find water we can wait it out until Tony finds us," the beautiful specimen prominent as America's Golden boy scowled lightly as he joined the two former assassins.
"He's gotto be what? 20 hours away? Maybe 18 with his newfound love for Cap," Clint chucked out as he tried to rip his sleeves off and failed instead choosing to settle with simply pushing them up to his elbows.
Now Natasha really did roll her eyes. Her teammates were giant children.
Beckoning to his friends, Steve placed a finger to his lips and a hush fell over the group. Bucky's ears twitched and he could hear the faintest of trickling from the south.
"I don't like this."
"Cap doesn't wike it?"
A huff of exasperation and they all entered the dense forest. Still high on adrenaline, Clint almost shot one of his "family members" (as Tony's so keen on deriding him for) when a flutter of wings came close.
As they loomed their 'target' the quiet beating of a heart punctured the super soldiers ears and after a notion towards Clint and Natasha each of them drew their weapons.
Exhaling rather mutely Clint lowered his bow upon the sight that welcomed the exhausted team.
A stunningly beautiful woman laid on a thick tree growing bent across the stream, her ridiculously long dress cushioned the underside of her head. The slimmer branches under her thighs supported her weight and her gleaming shapely bare legs dipped in the murky water.
The team was shocked to say the least. A whispered "what the fuck?" from Clint pulverized the silence.
The supersoldiers listened intently and gauged by her evened breathing that the mystery woman was indeed asleep. The archer, eminent for his particular aptitude proved inept in a "heart's beat" by "betraying" his team and voicing a question deemed excessively asinine by Natasha which gained him an excruciating pinch from his now vexed partner.
"How the hell can she sleep in this goddamn heat?!"
A flutter of full lashes snapped the team's attention back to the woman as she stirred lightly, her eyes flew open and everyone sprung into a defensive stance. Tense as no one in their right minds would ever sleep in such heat (or so Clint surmised), the Captain was the first to speak.