- may 31st 2018 -

Start from the beginning

"Don't you think you should have asked us first before inviting some stranger to our holiday?" I ask with spite in my tone, my anger getting the better of me in this situation.

"Macie Elizabeth Knight!" My mother says sternly with her gaze on me, she only uses my first name whenever I have crossed the line and I have but for good reason. I don't want no stranger coming to stay with me and my family, for all I know he could be a serial killer!

"What?" I protest with my eyebrows raised at my mother.

"Your father has every right to invite someone to our holiday." She responds and I scoff at that, she can't be serious.

"You two went into a frenzy last year when I asked to bring a friend along with me, and here you are agreeing to let some random person join our holiday without even asking Cole or I how we feel about it. I don't even know the guy." I reply with a stern look on my face, I fold my arms across my chest as I lock eyes with my father to get my point across.

"We had our reasons for not allowing you to bring your friend." Jonathan interjects with a pointed look to me. I roll my eyes and lean forward, once again my anger getting the better of me.

"Yeah, your reason was because you didn't like him. What did you expect us to do? Fuck each other while we were there? We are just friends." I hear Cole choke as he tries to mask his laugh with a cough, but I can see his shoulders visibly shaking.

"Enough of that language young lady!" Our mother exclaims beside me. I roll my eyes at her, she never acts like this with Cole! It is like she has rules for him and rules for me, it's not fair.

"William is coming to stay with us and that is final. There will be no more talking about the matter." Our father announces with a stern voice, ending my conversation with him.

"Who even is he? Do we get to know anything about him? I mean we are to spend three months with him." Cole asks butting his way into the conversation now.

"Some creep who thinks it's alright to barge into someone's holiday." I mutter loudly for everyone to hear as I lean back against my seat in disgust. I don't want some person who I don't know sharing the same house as me, it is weird!

"I do apologize for intruding on your holiday, I heard you were going to France and I love the French culture, so thought I'd ask to tag along." A male's voice says from behind me. I freeze when I hear it, oh no, please don't be who I think you are.

"And there was no harm in asking, William. You had every right to ask and we'd love to have you along." My eyes grow wide when I hear the name, of course it would only be me this would happen to. My cheeks begin to glow in a bright red colour with embarrassment, oh fuck me.

"Come in, meet everyone." My mother says beckoning William into the kitchen. She gestures her hands towards my brother and I, I hear the footsteps of this William move into the room with us. I keep my eyes off William when he steps into the room, there is no way I can look him in the eye after he heard me bad mouthing him.

"You have obviously met my husband and I a few times." A chuckle leaves our mothers lips and I turn to look at Cole beside me, my eyes giving him a knowing look and I know he understands what I am saying. He gives his head a nod, a faint glint of amusement in his eyes, and his lips are pulled out into a straight line to stop himself from smiling.

"These are our children, Cole who is the oldest." Our father introduces Cole to this William person. I still don't look William's way.

"Nice to meet you, man." Cole responds with a genuine smile on his lips. Traitor! He was supposed to be on my side, we don't want to have this William stay with us on our family holiday!

"And well, this is Macie." Our mother says in a bored tone as if I am nothing to her. I scoff at her introduction to me, though I wasn't expecting anything else from her. I don't turn around to face William, I don't think I can look at him in the eyes after that. After all, we did get off on a great start...

"Nice to meet you, Macie." William says formally as if I didn't just insult him or bad mouth him. Maybe he has thicker skin than I thought.

I nod to him; my attention stays on the table in front of me. "Yeah, nice to meet you too."

"Great. Well, everyone is introduced and we should be leaving in about an hour or two. Let's get a bite to eat before we go." Jonathan says clapping his hands together. I hear the chair in front of me scrap across the floor, oh, he better not be sitting‒ fuck, he's sitting in front of me. I see William's hands appear in my view, his hands are clasped together and his thumb repeatedly taps against his other like he is nervous. Well, he should be he is going on a foreign holiday with people he doesn't know very well.

I gently raise my head to see William cautiously glancing at me from the corner of his eye while he talks to my father. I feel my heartbeats unexpectedly quicken as I continue to look at him. He's cute, far cuter than what I expected him to be. He has cute messy, dirty blond hair, red plump lips that look constantly pouted, his eyes are bright blue that look like the colour of the sea. I just had to go and call one of hottest male I have met a creep, I have all the luck in the world.

Almost an hour later and I'm dragging my suitcase towards the car parked out front, we are finally getting out of Canada and going to the hot country of France. I try to lift my suitcase up into the trunk, but my strength fails me and the suitcase drops to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

"Here, let me help you." I hear William's voice come from behind me. I turn around to see him coming closer, I say nothing as he grabs a hold of my suitcase and lifts it into the trunk effortlessly.

"Thank you." I reply and step away from him, I don't wait for a response from him before I climb into the car and pop in my head phones to drown out everything. Maybe if I close my eyes and fall asleep, I'll wake up and hope this is one giant nightmare. That William isn't real, that I was just having a horrible nightmare. But when I see him get into the car beside my brother I know this is real, I know William is real, and I know he is joining up on our family holiday to France. Great. 

A/N: I don't know if I like this or not.

-Lauryn.