Chapter 15

It's been three days since Kakashi and the others left the village. I'm in Juraiya's hotel room again, patiently reading over the rough draft of his next book. I look up at the clock on the bedside table and sigh. Almost the end of the day, and still no sign of the others. Not even a message.

  "Don't look so down, Misaki. I'm sure they're fine," Juraiya tells me as he comes through the door carrying two bowls of ramen. 

  "Why are you so sure about that? They could be lying in a hole or cave somewhere, badly injured or even dead. And all Tsunade will let me do is sit here!!!!" I yell, punching the floor.

  "Do you really have no faith in them at all?" he asks me, calmly sitting down in front of me. He places a bowl of ramen in front of me and starts eating his own.

  "That's not what I ment... I'm just worried.." I tell him, playing with my food.

  "They won't go down that easily," he tells me. I smile but it doesn't quite touch my eyes. 

  "I hope your right," I say, forcing down a few bites of ramen. I yawn and stand up, stretching. "I guess I'm gonna head on back over to Kakashi's place," I tell him, stepping over him. I turn the doorknob and open the door.

  "Have faith," I hear him whisper as I close the door and walk out into the night air. As I walk along the road, I find myself headed over towards the gate with a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. When I get there, the doors are opening to let someone in. I rush over and wait until the doors come to a hault before running outside. The group is back, but they are beat up pretty baddly. 

  I look around to make sure everyone is here, but there are two very important people missing from the group. I jog over to the person with the less wounds. 

  "Where are they Sakura? Where are Naruto and Kakashi?" I ask her, taking Sai from her.

  "They were captured," she whispers, collapsing. I try to catch her, but only manage to stop her head from hitting the ground because of Sai's weight. One of the guards rushes over. He has a bandage over his nose. 

  I turn to him. "Go get Lady Tsunade!!!" I yell at him. He poofs away and I manage to sit down Sai without causing anymore damage. I do a few hand signs and yell, "Medical Art: Mystic Healing Palms!!" My hands begin to glow green with chakra and I begin healing everyone as I wait for Tsunade to show.

  I feel as if I'm about to throw up, but I hold it down and concentrate on healing. What seems like days later, but I'm sure was only a few minutes, Lady Tsunade appears at my side.

  "What happened?" she asks me, worry in her eyes. I look up at her, tears filling my eyes. 

  "I don't know the whole story. Sakura collapsed before I could hear everything," I tell her, holding back sobs. 

  She looks around at all of the wounded. "Where are Kakashi and Naruto?" she asks. I can't hold it back anymore. I run over away from everyone and throw up in the bushes. I feel a hand pick my hair up out of my face. I glance up to see Juraiya standing over me. 

  "You lied," I whisper hoarsly. 

  "I'm sorry," he says patting my shoulder comfortingly. I wipe my mouth off on my sleeve and push my face into his chest, letting the wracking sobs take over.