Two

Chapter Two:

Hazel sat at home, clicking through channels on the TV she sighed. Nothing was on, she exited out of guide and stared at the screen replaying all the new movie releases for the hundredth time.

The front door swung open, Hazel's dad, Rob waltzed in holding two bags of grocery's.

"Hazel." He grunted placing them onto the kitchen table, "Sira is having a friend stay over night, they want to camp out in the backyard so can you set that up before they get here?"

"Doesn't she have school tomorrow?"

He shook his head, "PD Day for Middle Schools. I know, it sucks."

She frowned, "Which friend?"

"Abby."

Hazel groaned, "The one that always smells like eggs? Really."

Her dad chuckled, "Go get the stuff and make it look fairytale-ish, ok?"

She nodded pulling herself up off the couch and rushed downstairs into the basement, tats where they kept all of their camping stuff. Laid out on a tall shelf she found everything, Hazel grabbed a small tent and a couple lanterns. On the way back up the stairs she snatched a small roll of Christmas lights to add to her attempt at a fairytale camp out night. As soon as she reached the glass patio doors the front door swung open and two small girls came rushing in. Hazel groaned trying to quickly set up the tent, quickly soon turned into almost an hour. She laid out the lanterns and wrapped the Christmas lights around the tent, even if they weren't going to be lit up she thought they looked cool.

Sira, her sister waddled out holding three blankets and a small tower of pillows. Haze helped set up the inside, when she got out the sun was already setting.

"I'm hungry."

Hazel sighed, "What do you want to eat?"

"Pizza."

Hazel nodded walking back into the house, she walked to the kitchen and pulled out a frozen pizza. Unwrapping it she put it aside and pre heated the oven, something she forget to do a lot.

The curtains of the patio doors were pulled away, secured to the wall. The screen door was open, letting in the late night breeze. Hazel walked over to the couch and sunk into it, she wiggled around until she found it comfortable. Flipping through channels once again she found a new episode of the game show Family Feud, a show her family used to watch every Sunday until the divorce. Her parent were divorced, most kids parents were these days, she knew. Hazel had live just south of the city of New York, now she lived practically on the edge of downtown.

The timer went off and Hazel pondered to the kitchen and tossed the pizza in the oven before going back to the living room and just as she was about to sit down, screams erupted from the backyard.

Hazel jumped up and ran to the screen door and slide it open, stumbling onto the yard she watched as a figure struggled to stand and move away from her sister. The figure looked around then dashed towards the opposite end, Hazel sprinted after the figure and practically threw herself at it. She tackled them to the ground, pinning their arms to the cold grassy ground.

"Wait." They said with a breath, it was a male voice. "Hold on!"

Her grey eyes adjusted to the darkness and what she had tackled, he wore a mask. A red mask that looked awfully a lot like a spider, the eyes seemed to track the emotion from the face hiding underneath it.

"Spider-Man?"

"That's me." He said trying to get up, she dug her short nails into his arms.

"Why are you trespassing onto my property and attacking my sister?"

The white, blank eyes widen then went back to normal. He shook his head wildly, "I didn't mean too, I made a mistake."

She frowned, her mind wandering into different places.

"Did you really blow up that sandwich shop?" She asked, "The one with the cat?"

She heard him sigh, she could practically feel the eye roll.

"I don't have time for this." He muttered.

Hazel yelped as she flipped in the air and landed hard on her back, she heard "Sorry." being shouted but it already came from a distance. She pulled herself up and took a deep breath, looking over she stared at her little sister and friend who watched her with wide eyes and open mouths.

"You guys ok?" Hazel asked, they both nodded their heads in unison. "Great."

Loud beeping filled the night air, Hazel focused her direction to the house where light smoke swirled around in the kitchen.

"Shit." She mumbled running back towards the house, "The pizza."