I looked over his shoulders and towards the East Doors, studying the concrete. I hoped to see it move. To shut. I hoped to see it close and everyone remains safe.

The concrete sky casted a dark shadow amongst Glade, leaving everything more eerie for the terrifying situation that was coming towards us. Yet, I had a feeling this would happen. With the sky disappearing to concrete; something else definitely had to go wrong.

I have a gut feeling that all this was apart of the Creators' blueprint. This was supposed to happen.

I engraved the dark image of the large opening, knowing that this will be the start of our countdown to the end.

Just like Teresa said.

"Where's Teresa?" I snapped out unsuspectedly, my own panic arising.

Alby sent me an incredulous look before stating with furrowed brows, "In the Slammer."

"Why the hell is she still in there? She needs to be with the rest of the Gladers!" I raised my voice, finding it unbelievable how they just plan to leave one girl in the Slammer before the inevitable.

"Listen, shank, she's safer in there than we are out here. So, slim it. Minho, is there anythin' we need from the Map Room? Any left over wood or metal poles we can use?" Alby brushed me off, turning and talking to Minho.

Minho shook his head, "Builders already cleaned me out, boss. Nothin' left-"

An idea struck my mind, my legs fidgeting to move, "Weapons. Did you think of that?"

Alby and Minho shared a look of question before Minho asked shamefully to Alby, "I thought you...were going to bring the Med-Jacks and get them...."

Alby's mouth bobbed for a moment before stuttering out with furrowed brows, "I thought you were going to-"

I let out a frustrated growl before turning to my right and sprinting towards the Map Room. I heard Minho yell my name as I continued to run.

Ugh, boys.

I glanced over my shoulder and also noticed Thomas running towards the Slammer - probably to go talk to Teresa. Though as I gazed over my shoulder, I noticed Newt take off after Thomas just as Minho took off after me, leaving Alby in the middle.

He looked like a lost puppy.

Minho easily caught up to my limping run, just as I made it to the Map Room. He pulled the keys out of his belt, fumbling the metal around his fingers, scrambling to find the right one.

Minho and I single-handedly dealt with weapons while the other Gladers were given specific orders to find any piece or plank of wood and start hammering it somewhere onto Homestead.

Somewhere during the chaos, I eventually found time to slip on an extra pair of running shoes from the Maps Room, rather than continuously and frenetically teetering across the Glade barefoot.

Minho and I took multiple trips back and forth between the Map Room and Homestead. Each time we entered Homestead, the walls grew thicker and less dull light filled the tight rooms. By the time Minho and I near the last couple of boxes, Newt began shooing everyone inside, getting ready to seal our new fortress up.

"Alright, Amesie, you wanna get the last box? I can handle these two. I figure you won't mind carrying your own box of goodies." Minho nodded towards the last box, gesturing to the bow and quiver that laid in waits for use.

I shook my head playfully, gazing down into the box, carefully deciphering every weapon it held: my bow and arrow, three large knives, two machetes, and one club entangled with barbed wire.