Chapter 2

"What can I get you?"

I feel like I asked that question more than I asked anything else in my entire life. Today was better than yesterday, and the customers seemed a lot better. There were less complaints, and everything just seemed calmer and almost like less people came today; Or it could be that I'm just getting used to everything around here. 

Right now I was the one taking the orders, and everything was going smoothly. No one came back to complain yet today, and my day was halfway over. Marina and I decided that we would switch off every line. So when I did one line, we would switch and she would start taking the orders while I prepared the meals. It wasn't that bad at all once you got used to it, and I considered Marina one of my friends and being here with her made the day go by even faster. 

I don't know if it's because I've been waiting to see Andy since I first saw him, but today I was excited to come to work. I was even able to get up out of bed when my alarm rang for the first time, and I got ready even faster than the day before. I just couldn't get the image of his eyes away from my mind and I wanted to feel his hands again and I wanted to know he wanted to see me too.

I wondered if he kept thinking about me the same way I kept thinking about him. I hoped that he saw something about me that he couldn't tear his thoughts away from, because I couldn't bring mine away from his eyes.  I really hoped he meant it when he said he wanted to come back tomorrow, and I hoped that he only wanted to come back to see me. 

I know it seems so silly to think so deeply about someone you have just met, but something about the way he spoke and the way I felt when I saw his eyes made me never want to stop thinking about him. I couldn't wait, because since the moment he walked away I wanted to see him again. 

I keep watching everyone who appears in the line, but I haven't seen those beautiful eyes or heard the voice that I knew I would recognize. I decided to distract myself by completly concentrating on preparing everything, which was hard because there was really nothing to it. You just put things on a tray and handed it over, there was really nothing to think about. I started to hum one of my favorite Keaton Henson songs and decided thinking about each lyric would help my mind from drifting once again to Andy. 

"Two plain burgers!" She yelled back, and my head snapped up at the words.  When I looked up, I was pleased to see Andy on the other side of the counter. He returned the smile that I didn't realize I held, and he nodded once towards me I guess as a sign of hello.

"Hello Mckenna," He said loud enough for me to hear, and the beautiful pair of eyes I've wanted to see since last time were finally looking back at me. 

"Hi Andy," I said, and Marina looked between the both of us before moving away. I took her spot, and glanced back at her to silently thank her.

"Here," I said, handing his food towards him. He wrapped his hands around the tray and I realized today that his smile was amazing. I instantly wondered if he ever had braces. 

"Hey, I know it's kinda strange for me to ask but I was wondering if you want to, um, hang out for a while when you get off?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck with his hands. My eyes instantly scanned his arms as I looked at more of his tattoos and noticed one that read out 'Blashphemy'. My dad, as a religious old man, wouldn't love that one. I guess when they meet he could cover it up.

"Sure," I said after a few beats of silence. His smile grew even bigger, and his hands dropped by his side. He still held onto the small tray, and shrugged.

"I get off at 5:00." I said, and he nodded. I smiled back at him, because I really was excited. Maybe I would get to know something else about him that I didn't even know that I wanted to know.