Chapter 11.1: Justin

NOTE: This is a short bonus chapter to introduce our new character: Gabby Stevens.

Told from Justin's POV. Events occur at the same time as Chapter 11: Kiss, Makeup.

- 6 Weeks Old -

I stared at the ceiling and hummed a melody. I could write it down or make lyrics, but I was too lost in my thoughts to brainstorm any. I was too busy thinking about Serrina.

I had been a complete ass to her. I had pushed myself onto her and didn't even realize it until later. It made me feel sick that I had hurt her like that, but it didn't matter now. I couldn't bring myself to talk to her more than a text or two every few days. I definetly missed the twins, but I missed her more, as wrong as that was.

I heard a knock on the bedroom door and let out a long groan, "Mom, I just want to sleep."

She didn't reply but I heard the door click open, so I lifted my head up and immediately froze.A girl was standing in the doorway, probably my age. Her blue eyes and blonde hair stuck out from under her beanie and her torn jeans were barely held together.

"Twinkle toes, did you miss me?" She smiled and ran over, throwing herself onto the bed beside me.

I was in shock, "Gabby?" She had been my best friend before I got famous, "How are you here?"

"I got a call from Mama Mallette saying that you wee in desperate need of a wake up call," She rolled onto her side and perched her head right over mine, "So here I am."

Her breath smelt minty and she had on a perfume that was extremely sweet, "I missed you,"

She giggled, "Thats nice." When we were 16 she had moved across the country to go to school and hadn't told anybody until she was already gone, "Im glad I left a standing impression."

I shook my head and rolled enough to pin her to the bed in a hug, "You're a dick." I laughed.

She laughed in reply then gave me a good shove, "So why aren't you with the beautiful Fiancee?" Then she grinned, "I told a friend that I could've been her but that you weren't my type, so Im curious to see if I was yours."

I sat up and shook my head smiling, "She's nothing like you."

"Oh yeah?" She flopped onto a pillow, "How so?"

"She's nice." I laughed. She burst out laughing and threw her arm across the bed. I continued, "She's down to earth. She treats me like a human being. She's with me because she loves me." I look back at her, "I could go on for hours."

The devious grin on her face made me blush, "Please, do. I have never seen you so lovestruck before."

Then before I could reply my mom was calling us for food.

******

We fell into a rhythm like she had never left. We joked about each others appearances and she called me out on my phone background, which was on Serrina and I kissing, saying it was cheesy and so not me. I called her out on her new hair colour and discovery of makeup, which she punched me for.

We had grown up tow houses away from each other and was always on the same hockey team. She was the goalie, I was the centre. It was always a beautiful friendship that everybody expected to turn into something more, but it never did. She had other boys in mind.

She ate like a girl, or the first time ever, and I ate slowly, still in shock and worried that I might choke.

"So I get to meet her, right?" She mumbled with a mouth full of macaroni. Never mind, that wasn't lady like.

"Who?" I replied then realized, "Serrina?" She nodded, "Im not sure. We're kinda fighting."

She shrugged, "So? You're engaged, right?" I slowly nodded, "Then fight all you want but be the grown up and make the first move to make up." She looked around to make sure my mom wasn't close before grinning, "Make up sex is the best anyways."

I laughed and a noodle shot out my nose. I covered my face and she burst out laughing at me. I coughed to clear my airway and she fell off her chair.

******

We parked outside Serrina's mom's house and I just sat there and stared for a few seconds before Gabby finally spoke up.

"If you love her what are you waiting for?" She was staring at me for the longest time before unbuckling her own seat belt and pushing open her passenger door, "Hey, dick hole, lets go get the girl."

I gave her a small glare and she replied with a grin. I knew she was right so I pushed myself out of the car and we began out walk to the front door.