Chapter Eight

Disclaimer: There is a part in this chapter that speaks about an eating disorder, and I don't mean to upset anyone by it. If you are sensitive to the subject, I underlined it to make it easy to see and skip over if necessary. :)

It's the day after Valentine's day, and I realize there are only four days left until the concert. Four days left until Dowoon needs to go on stage and perform. Four days left until everyone finds out the truth.

It's been around three days since we left the hospital, and I haven't heard anything from the doctor yet. Yesterday was a nice distraction from my hectic life but now I need to come up with a plan of action. But I don't even know I would come up with one when I really have no clue how I would help him. I don't know how I can bring his memory back, it almost seems impossible. Everything I have looked up has talked about how sometimes over time their memory will begin to come back, but we don't have time to wait, we only have less than a week.

I lay in my bed staring at the ceiling, Young K cuddled up beside me, thinking about what I should do. I've been awake for hours now, beating myself up for the situation. I've gone through every crevice of my mind attempting to find a solution but nothing seems substantial. I look over at my clock and see that it's 8:30. I gently lift his arm off of me and lay it next to him, allowing myself to get up and shake off some stress. I put on my bath robe which covers my bare body, and then head to the bathroom. On my way to there, I see empty popcorn bowls and candy wrappers all over the living room, the TV on the main menu of "10 things I hate about you", and both of our clothing all over the ground. That was the best Valentine's Day ever. I smile and then enter the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and rub my face, then running my hands through my wavy brown hair. I take a deep breath and then splash my face with ice cold water. "You can figure this out, don't worry. Everything will be okay," I say quietly to myself.

I reach over to grab my face wash, and I get a little light-headed. I put my hands on the counter to steady myself. I shake it off and then proceed to wash my face and brush my teeth.

I shut off the light in the bathroom and then walk over to the kitchen. I look for food, but then I realize I'm not really that hungry. I decide not to have anything, and I go over to the living room to watch some TV. When I switch the input from the DVD, the news comes on and I see news about Day6. "Yoon Dowoon, drummer in the band Day6, suffered a head injury on February 13th at a photoshoot, and has been in the hospital ever since. It was only a minor injury, so fans are confused as to why he is still being kept there. Some speculate that it's due to the staff wanted to be completely sure he is okay, but others think it could be more than that. We will now head live to the scene," the camera flashes to the hospital, where there is another reporter.

"Thank you Karen, here we are at the hospital where fans and paparazzi are eagerly waiting for more information. People have also said that none of the members have been here since the night of the accident to see him, which raises a lot of eyebrows. We will be sure to inform you all as soon as we find out more, back to you Karen."

I turn off the TV quickly, and I feel a huge sense of anxiety come over me. My breathing becomes rapid, and my face starts to feel very warm. I get light-headed again, but before things could get worse, I hear the bedroom door open and Young K quickly comes over to me. "Babe," he says trying to calm me down, "Babe! What's going on?"

"I..." I pause for a moment, "I don't know."

"Wait here," Young K gets up and then grabs me a glass of water from the kitchen, "drink this, slowly."

I take the water and sip out of it. I start to feel better, and then I take a deep breath. "Good thing I woke up when I did, what if something happened to you?" He says worried.