chapter six

I became conscious the next morning and heard Andy’s heartbeat and breathing. I opened my eyes and looked up. I was sleeping on his chest. I smiled to myself and then I felt his hand stroke my arm as he kissed my forehead.

“Good morning sleepyhead,” he said playfully.

I looked up at him and smiled. We both got out of bed and went to the part of the bus that had a kitchen and a table.

“Pancakes?” he asked.

“Sure,” I said, smiling at him.

He made the pancakes and put them at the table.

“Enjoy,” he said as he served them to me.

We ate our pancakes and held small talk until we heard the door to Ashley’s room open. Ashley walked out and looked at us.

“What, no pancakes for me?” he asked.

“Make your own,” Andy said, never taking his eyes off of me.

Jinxx came out of the room shortly after. “Pancakes?” he said, confused.

“Make your own,” Ashley said simultaneously with Andy.

Jinxx looked at Ashley with a puzzled look.

“He told me the same thing,” Ashley said with a sigh.

Andy’s eyes were still glued to me. I finished my pancakes and walked back into the room. I shut the door behind me and slid down it. That was weird. Andy can’t like me. It’s impossible. I thought to myself. I stood up and put on a pair of plain, blue, faded skinny jeans with a Ramones shirt. I plopped down on the bed and picked up my phone: 7 new texts. Who could they be from? I thought to myself. My mom didn’t know how to text and Andy was here with me. I opened the first one: Jackie. She was one of my best friends from my old school back in Ohio.

“What you been up to?” is what that one said.

She was going to freak when I told her. She loved BVB. I’ll wait on breaking the news to her. I opened the next one: Bobbie. She was my only friend from my current school.

“Hey what happened? Why haven’t you been in school?” she wasn’t just my friend, though.

She was like a sister, always looking out for me. I could trust her with everything, but I decided not to tell her at the moment. I opened the third: Jenna. She was also a friend from my old school.

“Hiya :),” she said.

She was kind of obsessive compulsive, but that’s one of the many reasons I loved her like a sister. I didn’t answer her either. I opened the fourth: Marina.

“Hey hooker face! :),”she was a friend from back when I played softball, she also loved BVB.

I went on to text #5: Shauna.

“Hey sexy ;),” it said.

I wasn’t a lesbian, and neither was she. We were just best friends. I went on to text #6: Monica. She was also one of my best friends from Ohio.

“Hey you, I miss you skank!” that’s just what my friends and I did.

We picked at each other, but we always knew we were joking. On to text #7: Tyler. Tyler was my ex and a friend from Ohio.

“Hey,” he never really was one to talk to. I ignored his like all the others and dropped my phone beside me.

I let out a sigh and closed my eyes. I remembered Ohio, the little group of outcasts my friends and I formed, everything. I missed it. I felt a warm tear run down my face as I remembered how much I worried everyone when I ran away and tried to commit suicide.