Sometime soon

Rory was walking towards the town center from Luke's as casually as possible.  She knew that she wanted to be back with Jess for good this time, but for some reason she wanted to keep it a secret for just a little while longer.

Suddenly, Jess took her by surprise by running up behind her and giving her a kiss. She laughed and kissed him back.

"Jess!" She shouted when he picked her up and spun her around.

"What?" He smirked.

"You just spun a pregnant lady and now it is very likely that she will vomit on you."

"Sorry, sorry." He put her down but continued to hold onto her. "How are you feeling, by the way?"

"Better... It was rough for a little while, but I think I'm getting through the nausea part. Now I just have to look forward to blowing up like a balloon," she sighed.

He ran a hand through her hair. "You'll still be beautiful... Even if you weigh five hundred pounds."

"Liar." She leaned into his hand. "Flattery doesn't work on me, Mariano. Get a new line."

"Okay... I love you," he whispered in her ear.

She closed her eyes and suddenly felt breathless. She wasn't afraid, this time. It wasn't hard to get out.

"I love you too."

She felt him smile against her ear. "That's nice to know..."

"Right back at ya." She turned and kissed him quickly. "Now come on. We have a wedding to get to..."

"After you, m'lady." He led her into the wedding area with a hand on her lower back.

They quickly found Luke and Lorelai in the back.

"Ooh, I've got one hot mama," said Rory when she saw her mom in the wedding dress.

"Well I've got one hot mama of a daughter." Lorelai smiled.

"On a scale of 1-10, how much do you think Grandma is going to freak out that we returned her bridesmaid dress?"

"There isn't a unit of measurement large enough for the Emily Gilmore freak-out that shall ensue. But it's okay, I couldn't subject you to that horrible dress."

Rory turned to Jess. "It was bright pink... It had ruffles."

"The horror," he said with a smirk.

"My sentiments exactly." Rory went over and hugged her mom. "I love you, Bonnie."

"Love you too, Clyde." She kissed Rory's head.

Jess leaned over to Luke. "How do you compete with that?"

Luke shook his head. "You don't. You just try to fit in their world as best you can. Hey, can I talk to you?" He faced Jess.

"Sure." He let Luke lead him away to a quiet spot.

"Look Jess, I don't know what is going on with you and Rory--"

Jess cut him off. "I love her. That's what's going on..."

"Jess--"

"I don't want to hear it, Luke. I'm not going to spend my life pining for the girl I love. Yeah, it worked for you in the end but what if it hadn't? What if Lorelai hadn't realized that she loves you? I can't chance that with Rory."

"All that I'm saying is that you need to be careful, Jess. Rory is Lorelai's life. Hell, Rory has been my life too. I don't want you to hurt her in any way, you understand?"