This Potion Should Have a Warning Label

Start from the beginning

The poor employee was terrified, all he could do was shake his head at her.

"Is there anyone here who would know where I could find him?", she yelled at him again.

The poor man was shaking at this point, he raised a jittery arm and pointed to a part of the shop that they had not noticed the last time they were there. Erza let the man go and immediately headed in that direction. Lucy stopped to apologize to the employee before she followed Erza.

Erza entered the new area and looked around. On the wall was a board filled with job requests just like at the Fairy Tail guild hall. She was intrigued and as there was no one to interrogate at the moment she read some of them. Lucy joined her.

"Hello, can I help you? Are you interested in taking a job?", a voice asked behind them.

Erza turned and headed menacingly towards the man who had spoken to them. Lucy quickly put her hand on Erza's arm and said, "Let me handle this."

Erza did not look convinced but decided to let the Celestial Mage talk to the man. She admitted to herself that perhaps she was a bit too worked up to be effective, she could always take over if they didn't get the information they needed.

"What is this place?", Lucy asked.

The man noticed Lucy's guild mark and smiled. "Oh, I see you are from Fairy Tail. Welcome to our Request Center."

"Request Center?", Erza inquired.

"Yes, you see we ofen take requests or quests that the official guilds are not interested in. The Request Center is a place for independent mages, mages that are not interested in joining a guild, to be able to find paying jobs. Mages who have recently left Dark Guilds also use our services. Once they accept a job we keep track of it here, almost like a regular guild except that they owe us no allegiance. All our shops include an area like this. However, you are not here for a job request so, how can I help you?", the man answered with a smile.

"We are looking for a mage we met here a few weeks ago. He goes by the name of Fuyu. The employee out front told us you might be able to help us find him.", Lucy gave the man her best smile.

"You're looking for Fuyu? He took a job request two days ago, he probably won't be back until tomorrow.", he told them.

"Can you tell us where he is?", Erza asked eagerly.

"I'm sorry, I can't do that. If you leave me your information I can ask him to get in touch with you when he returns. That's the best I can do.", he said firmly.

Erza looked like she wanted to argue but Lucy wrote down the information for the inn they were staying at and handed it over.

"Please tell him that it is very important that he get in touch with us right away.", Lucy told the man very seriously. He promised he would.