Acceptance 1

dear life,
until last night, the choked calls of my mind kept making compromises with yours. but now this hope is tainted.

my mind feels lonely despite the constant company of darkness. distance and loneliness have fused into one another as if they were never apart.

the breeze cuts my sighs of uncertainty and my hope is like ashes. few more rotations of the earth and this ash will disappear into nothingness.

i vaguely remember how you used to tug on the strings of my heart and produce your laughter from it. lately, i have been trying so hard to produce that laughter of yours, i broke the strings of my heart myself.

you had stitched all my words together through the mulberry web of your strength. now that you are gone, those words have slipped through the silk and bestrewed upon weakness. here they lie, meaningless, in the language of distance and trodden beneath the footsteps of time.

i used to attach wings to my prayers and send them to the heavens. but every time now, either their wings get shot or the prayers ricochet and fly back to me. i am running out of scantily sewn wings to make them fly.

after wandering in search of you for years, i have reached the denouement. in this lost world, there is no realm pure enough for my desires to make sweet love to your destiny.

finally, this acceptance has dawned on me. the night never presents stars to the day. if the moon will touch the sun, it will burn. a ripple never settles for the shores. the cloud has to sacrifice its own moisture for the earth. the sky never cuddles with the sea. the wind never freezes for the fragrance of flowers. the moral of our love is written in the marvels of nature. if fate so mighty like theirs is unable to meet its mate, then what size of scintilla are you and I? just like theirs, the episodes of our story would lay incomplete behind the transparency of torn veils of memories for as long as time can be.

surviving a few more days to witness the victory of my lashes dripping my pain over the thoughts stinging my cuts.