Chapter 97

Tim leaned his head against the door. 'Please' he said to himself as he began to knock but heard Chance talking to someone on the other side.

"It's 3 am where you are...yes, I know...I understand but I need you to understand too...I have my reasons.....yes, more frequently and right now.....no, I will not...not until the end....ok, I will....I have to go.....me too" he overheard him say. Tim let out a sigh of relief.

"You coming or what" Austin asked as held the door open to the hallway. "Yeah," Tim replied as he turned and walked out with him.

Rob opened the door to the suite he shared with Adam, "hey guys, you seen Chance. He didn't respond to Adam's text".

Tim spoke up, " I overheard him talking in his room, I think he was on the phone".

Rob nodded just as Nate came to the door, "Hey guys, I grabbed some beer and whiskey on my way back from the bus".

They each found a place to sit and grabbed a beer while Adam texted Chance again. "I'll explain why I called this meeting as soon as Chance gets here, he said he was on his way" Adam informed them.

Chance was having a rough night. The sun and stress of the day had gotten to him. Just as he thought, another headache had set in and despite taking the medication and attempt to sleep, the phone call he just received had added to it. He grabbed his sunglasses to shield his eyes from the bright hallway lights and made his way to Adam and Rob's room.

Adam opened the door as Chance knocked to come in. Tim knew immediately he was having a bad one. As if the sunglasses wasn't enough to give it away, it was obvious in his movements as he made his way to a nearby chair and sat down.

"Guys, I called this meeting for several reasons. First, Nate texted earlier he was moving his stuff back onto the bus" he began.

Nate grabbed a beer and added "I can't stay one more minute with that asshole. I'll stay on the bus for the remainder of this tour, otherwise I can not be held responsible for my actions towards Luke. At this point I'm ready to beat the shit out of him" as he popped the top off the bottle.

"I don't think Nate should have to stay on the bus any more than we should" Adam stated. "So I was wondering if we could change things up so he could stay in one of our rooms. Any suggestions?"

Chance really didn't want to have Nate with him. He loved the guy but in his present state and what surely was to come in the future, he just didn't want to subject him to it. The only one he would allow would be Tim but after today he doubted that would be the case.

"Guys, no I don't want to impose on your privacy. I'm good staying on the bus" Nate replied.

"Why not get him his own room" Rob asked "he would have more privacy and comfort".

"I'll get to that in a minute" Adam said as he poured some whiskey into a glass.

Austin looked at Tim, nodding his head towards Chance. Tim knew what he was trying to say. He was unsure if Chance would want him in his room after how he reacted this afternoon. Plus, he hadn't told him that he was leaving this morning. He shrugged his shoulders at Austin.

Chance's head was pounding, he just wanted to get back into his bed. He saw Austin and Tim's silent conversation. He finally spoke up " have him move in with Austin, Tim can share mine" leaning his head on his hand.

Everyone seemed surprised at his offer after how Tim reacted earlier. "Well?" Adam asked. Tim nodded he would.

"Thanks guys, I really appreciate this" Nate responded.

" Hey, you're a big part of this family too Nate and we appreciate everything you do" Adam told him.

"Now for the rest of the reason why I called you here" Adam began as he finished his drink and poured another. "Tim, you brought up a good point at dinner. Luke has treated us as if we are his property. He hasn't acted like a manager, he has his own agenda. Whatever benefits him is all that matters."

"Then fire the bastard" Tim responded as he grabbed a bottle of beer.

"Believe me, I want to. However, it's not that simple. I did some checking with our attorney. The contract that we presently have with Luke protects him, in some aspects, better than it protects us.  Which is why I can't book Nate a separate room. He has everything listed through his management company. He has to give permission for all purchases and accommodations. The attorney is working on drawing up a new one, so in the meantime we're stuck with him" Adam stated.

The rest sat there shaking their heads. "So, he continues to make our lives hell while he benefits from our hard work. Lovely" Austin replied.

"He did suggest that once we get back from this leg of the tour we sit down, renegotiate the contract and start seriously looking into hiring a separate tour manager. This person would only be responsible for booking accommodations, on site venue needs, etc. They would not function as a promoter, which is what Luke was initially hired to do." Adam explained.

Chance had enough, he couldn't see straight let alone think straight. Waves of nausea were beginning as he smelled the beer and whiskey being consumed. He stood to leave "excuse me, I...." he said as he quickly exited the room.

The guys continued their meeting before heading out to a bar down the street. Tim decided not to go so he could switch his stuff over to Chance's room so he wouldn't disturb him later. He packed up everything and slowly opened the door, slipping inside where Chance was laying in his bed. Tim went around to the dresser to get his room key, then went back to his room to retrieve his stuff. He came around to the front door of the suite, placed his belongings inside the living area. He quietly shut the door. He took his phone from his pocket, mindlessly scanning the internet until he dozed off.