She is a Backstabber

The last year in Elementary School was starting and Jaquie was excited to see her friends again, this was the first year without Cain and Alex, but was also the last before starting middle school.

She was just the same, she was not even taller and she still had the face of a baby, with big round eyes and cute big cheeks, all of her friends saw her as a little girl who needed to be protected, and she was okay with it because no one messed with her.

She had a lot of friends, her four best friends were Joseline, Jhoanne, Albert, and Diego; Joseline had a crush on Albert, she said he was adorable, small and cute, and she was right.

Diego on the other side was the tallest in the class, he had pretty gold eyes and he never wore the uniform, he used it something looked-a-liked but with his own personal touch, he never listened to the teachers. Basically, Albert was a good boy and Diego was a bad boy.

The second month of the year was about to begin, and Joseline was decided to get Albert's heart by Valentine's day, and Jaquie did not care at all about Valentine's day, she was just enjoying her life, she was about to turn twelve and this was her last year before entering middle school.

- So he was writing on a sheet with that cute polar bear from Christmas and it looked like a love letter- Said Joseline as they were sitting under a big three, days were really hot and they just wanted a fresh place to eat at lunchtime.

- How are you so sure?- Jaquie was playing with her friend's hair- Are you stalking him? again?

- No! I mean yes but that's not the point- she was laughing a little bit- I mean that I'm pretty sure I saw a heart as I was passing by if it is a love letter, I'm sure it's for me.

- I bet it is- Said Jaquie with a little smile and her eyes closed.

She was not sure if Albert like her but her friend looked very happy, so she was trying to be kind to Joseline.

That girl and she were friends basically since they had been born, they just didn't know that but their mothers were friends in middle school and had their babies at the same age, they met sometimes but the girls only discover that a few months ago.

Lunchtime was over and they started walking towards their classroom, suddenly Jaquie felt how someone gave her a soft tap on her hair, she turned around and it was Albert,  who was walking behind her, he smiled sweetly as always and kept on walking, she smiled him back and then looked at Diego who was talking to her.

The four of them ran to the classroom and Joseline slipped on the wet floor.

Jaquie went back to help her, and as she turned back Diego did too, only Albert stayed away as he saw them, he just looked inside the classroom and then looked at his friends again.

- The teacher is here- He said coldly.

- We're coming-Joseline answered, Jaquie could notice that she was hurt by Albert's tone.

She gave her her hand to help her but Joseline ignored her and got on her feet on her own.

The classroom had individual desks for each person and the friends were sitting making something like a square; Albert was behind Jaquie, Joseline by her side and Diego behind Joseline.

Their teacher was passing as she checked what they were doing, helping them with work and solving questions. Suddenly the principal entered the classroom and said he needed to talk with the teacher.

- Be quiet, I'll be back in a moment- the red-haired middle-aged woman said.

- Teacher, before you go, can I go to the bathroom please?-Joseline said.