Chapter 2

(A/N): This story is going to get kind of intense because the main character, Jill, does have a dark past. Enjoy =)

Recap:

“Earth to Jill. Anyone there?” Chester said from beside me. I giggled.

         “Sorry, guess I zoned out.”

         “Yeah, you think. So what do you think of your new apartment?” he asked, politely.

         “I love it. And I love that I’m so close to you guys now,” I said honestly. Chester only lived a mile or two away from us now.

         “So am I,” he said with a genuine smile. I was locked in his gaze for a few seconds until Victor called my name.

         “Yeah,” I said, disappointed that he ruined a moment. That was really weird. I mean, Chester and I have always had a really close friendship, but it was never as intense as that moment.

         “Come here for a second?” I walked over to him in the kitchen.

___________________________________________________________________ 

“What’s up?” I asked a little confused.

         “I just wanted to welcome you here to the apartment with a small gift,” he explained.

         “What, you didn’t have to do that!” I said in surprise. He put a hand on my shoulder.

         “I wanted to.” He held out a blank navy blue bag. I took it from him, defeated, and looked inside. It held a small blue velvet box that matched the bag.

         “Victor come on this is unnecess…” I began before he cut me off.

         “Please, just open it,” he said in his trademark persuasive Victor tone. I pulled out the box and opened it. I gasped, it was a beautiful golden heart shaped necklace that had a quote on it; “A True Friend Is Someone Who Knows The Song In Your Heart And Can Sing It Back To You When You Have Forgotten The Words. Love, Victor K.” I was so touched. Out of all 0f the new friends I’ve made in the past few years Victor has been the closest.

         “Do you like it?” He asked after a few moments of my staring at it. I proceeded to attack him with a hug because that was one of the sweetest things anyone’s ever given me.

         “Victor, I think God sent you down here for me!” I said, still hugging him tightly. He laughed and kissed my hair, letting me go. He was still smiling sweetly at me. “Seriously though, Victor. This is the sweetest thing anyone’s ever given me. And I feel the same way about you. Do you mind putting it on for me?” I held out the box to him and he took it, removing the delicate golden necklace from it. I turned around and held my hair up while he placed and locked it around my neck. I turned around, and hugged him again, placing a soft kiss on his cheek. “Thank you,” I said sincerely.

         We both walked back out to help clean up after dinner.

         “What were you guys doing in there?” JR asked, suspiciously.

         “Victor gave me this necklace,” I replied showing it off to the guys.

         “Victor sure knows how to make me look bad,” Dom said in fake exasperation. We all laughed, knowing he wasn’t serious. Dominic knew he had a special place in my heart. Our friendship withstood the test of time. Anytime in my life that I’ve needed someone he’s been the one person who stuck around, not to mention the dozens of times he’d literally saved my life, whether emotionally or physically. He was my family.