irl

Finley's POV

After Zach and I kissed, we stayed in his room for an hour or two cuddling in his bed. He deserved for someone to comfort him after being put through so much with McKenna, and that's what I decided I needed to do. I made sure not to put any pressure on him or make him uncomfortable, just made him feel safe and happy.

Later, we went downstairs to watch a movie with the boys, and all of us ended up falling asleep on the couch about halfway through since we spent two hours getting all the food ready and didn't actually start the movie until 12 am. Corbyn and I ended up being the last two people awake because there was no way I could fall asleep after the day I'd had and Corbyn pretty much never sleeps anyway. He reached for the remote and paused the movie. I untangled myself from Zach's arms and stretched my legs. Corbyn gestured towards the kitchen and I nodded, cracking my neck before heading in that direction.

Zach's t-shirt (which I had changed into since I didn't bring any extra clothes) hung loosely off my body and down to the middle of my thighs, and I slid a bit on the hardwood floors due to the socks on my feet. Corbyn strode into the room, wearing a sweatshirt that appeared to be a bit too large on him and some loose sweatpants. He grinned at the sight of me sliding across the kitchen floor and slid up next to me before his face turned solemn.

"So, you think he's gonna be okay?" Corbyn asked me, sitting down in a chair at the kitchen table. "I just worry about him because of how much he was affected last time."

I sighed heavily and sat down a seat away from him, "Yeah, I think he'll be alright. Obviously I'm there for him and you guys are all there for him, I think he just needs a little time to process what happened. She says really terrible things and I think that hit him right in the soft spot. He said he's never been good at taking criticism at all, so this is even worse."

"Definitely," Corbyn nodded, leaning back in the chair. "He's getting better though. Back when we first formed, if any of us tried to suggest that he should do something differently, he'd get all hurt and offended. Of course, it was just because he was really young and not used to that sort of thing and it wasn't his fault at all, but he's really grown."

"Yeah, that's good," I replied, then stood up and walked towards the french doors leading out to the patio. "It's a really pretty night, do you wanna sit outside for a little bit?"

A grin spread across Corbyn's face and he shot up towards the fridge, returning moments later with a brand new tub of ice cream and two spoons. We walked out of the room and laid down on the grass, ice cream between us. The night was fairly warm, but a nippy breeze blew across the yard occasionally, reminding me that it was spring, not summer yet. I made some comment about the seasons, but Corbyn didn't even hear me, he was enraptured by the the stars. They seemed to shine a lot brighter than usual tonight.

"Can you see Cassiopeia?" He asked, scanning the sky. I shook my head. "It's over there, see? Left of the big dipper."

"Oh, there it is!"

"Yeah! And over there is Orion's Belt, and if you look really hard you can find Pisces!"

Corbyn and I stayed out looking at the stars until 4 am, when we both decided that it was probably in our best interest to get some sleep. Not to mention, we'd eaten almost the entire tub of ice cream together and really needed to stop. We moved inside and I placed the spoons in the sink while Corbyn returned the ice cream to the freezer.

He started towards the stairs so he could go to sleep in his room, while I went back to where Zach was still sleeping on the couch. Before I laid back down, I turned towards Corbyn.

"Hey, thanks for hanging out with me, Starboy," I whispered, just loud enough for him to hear.

"My pleasure, Stargirl."

xoxoxoxoxoxox

wc // 732

agh this chapter is kinda sorta maybe a useless filler but it's cute and i though finley might need some interaction with corbyn because corbyn is my fav™️

and this chapter is cute so

-L

p.s. thank you all so much for the love on my chapters recently, i'm super grateful for all of you and tomorrow's by birthday so hopefully i'll have a special chapter up.