irl

Holding half a piece of toast in her mouth, Finley jumped into the driver's seat of her car and tossed her bag into the passenger's seat. Her camera and tripod had already been loaded into the trunk and her travel mug (filled up with coffee) precariously wobbled in the cupholder. She started the car and backed out of her driveway, toast still in her mouth. Once she got on the road, she took one hand off the wheel and finished her breakfast quickly.

After only about two minutes, Finley pulled into Elena's driveway. The taller girl jogged to the passenger door of the car from the porch where she had been waiting. Elena moved Finley's bag onto the floor of the car and placed hers on top of it.

"Thanks for picking me up first, I like riding shotgun," She giggled, plugging her phone into the aux cord, as usual.

"Sure," Finley replied. "Put on something good."

Elena nodded and selected her favorite playlist from Spotify and put her phone down on the dashboard. The two danced and sang all the way to Amelia's house, where the third girl climbed into the backseat and began singing along to the music. Fifteen minutes later, the girls pulled into a nice LA driveway. Within seconds of them arriving, four boys burst out of the front door and pulled the girls in separate directions.

Jack took Amelia by the arm and dragged her to the backyard, closely followed by Jonah and Elena. Daniel and Corbyn each took one of Finley's hands and led her into the house where Zach stood with a single, multicolored rose in his hands. The two other boys quickly shuffled out the door after nudging Finley forward.

"Hey," Zach began, stepping forward to meet the girl in the doorway. "So, I know we haven't known each other for too long, but I think you're really sweet and funny and beautiful and I was wondering if you'd give me the honor of taking you out tomorrow night?"

Zach drew in a sharp breath after saying his entire speech without doing so and handed the rose to Finley. He smiled nervously, waiting for an answer and the corner of the girl's mouth curved up into a smirk.

"It would be my pleasure, Zach Herron," She stated, taking the rose and reaching up to give the boy a hug. She felt his shoulders slump in a sigh of relief as he wrapped his arms around her waist in return. His reaction caused Finley to giggle slightly before pulling away. "You're cute."