Weenie's Ill Day

The big alarm clock chimed its usual 8 o'clock melody. Today marked the long-anticipated zoo excursion for Oswald, Weenie, Henry, and Daisy. They had eagerly awaited this day for over a week. While they had visited once in winter with Edward and Leo, back then, the zoo was not fully constructed, and only a handful of animal species inhabited the grounds. Now, they had the opportunity to witness the zoo's transformation: the majestic African elephant, the king of the jungle, vibrant birds, and, of course, the gleaming, well-developed zoo.

"Good morning, Weenie," Oswald said with a big smile on his face. "Oh, girl! I can't tell you how excited I am to go to the zoo. There are plenty of creatures!" He spilled the words excitedly.

"Woof! Woof!" Weenie sounded low. She looked at Oswald with half-closed eyes; her tail wasn't waving fast, and her legs slowly moved out of her bed.

"What happened, girl? You don't sound good," Oswald nervously bent down on his four legs.

The door knocked; it was Daisy, who covered her eyes with Wayfarer glasses and had a camera hanging around her small neck. She was also very excited to go to the zoo, carrying all her gear, especially her camera, with the intention of capturing every single reptile and bird present.

"Hey-di-Heidi, Oswald. Are you ready to-" she paused while Weenie sneezed very badly. "Golly Tamale! Oswald. What happened to Weenie?" Daisy put her long, thin branch-like hands on her thin stem-like waist, and her mouth formed a big O.

"Dunno, Daisy. It seems like Weenie's got a very bad flu," Oswald stroked Weenie's back. She cried quietly.

"What's that noise, old chap?" Henry arrived, dressed in his travel attire: hat on his head, shades over his eyes, and a camera hanging around his neck.

"It's Weenie. She's got a very bad flu, Henry," Oswald and Daisy said in unison. Weenie cried quietly again.

"Don't worry, Weenie. You'll be fine very soon," Oswald reassured her, stroking her back as she smiled weakly and waved her tail.

"I know where to take Weenie to get rid of this flu, Bunny the doctor!" Oswald said with determination.

"Don't want to fear you, friend. I heard that doctors have a vaccine, and it has a very sharp needle. We have to be very careful with sharp things," Henry warned. Weenie ran behind the pianoforte to hide.

"Come out, Weenie!" Oswald yelled. She was absolute scared; she peeked behind the back leg of the piano, everyone looked so anxious about her health: Oswald was placed on the one side of the bed with a complete grief expression on his face; Daisy settled on another end of the bed with one hand on her head, and Henry looked so confused; he was rubbing his feathers. Weenie slowly stepped out towards them.

"Oh, Weenie! If you don't want to go to the doctor. It's okay. We will find out another way to cure your flu," she ran to Oswald and they cuddled each other.

"I think you should give her some hot soup, Oswald. It is great to cure the flu. My aunt always gave my cousin when she got flu," Daisy advised.

"Really! Dunno this," Oswald surprisingly said. Weenie barked happily and again waved her tail.

"I have some hot Salmon fish soup in my kitchen. I will be right back," Henry went to his house and came back quickly with a penguin painted bottle. "Here is it for you, Weenie- A hot Salmon fish soup." Weenie barked happily again.

"Eat it, girl! You feel good," Oswald filled her favourite bowl with hot Salmon fish soup. She licked the whole soup within a minute. She felt little well after eating the Salmon fish soup: her eyes were fully opened now.

"How do you feel now, Weenie girl?" Oswald asked.

"Woof! Woof!" She replied and waved her tail faster; she looked better and fresh.