Chapter 9: Surprises

Start from the beginning

I burst out laughing at that, good ol' mom.

"I guess she's right, let me just get dressed and we'll go. Make yourself comfortable!" I called out as I walked into my room. 

After I got dressed I picked up my cellphone and threw it in my purse making a mental note to text Tom back when I got to my parents house.

"Alright dad, lets go show mom that her plan worked," I grinned.

~

There was no traffic so we made it to the house in twenty minutes. I parked the car on the street and unbuckled my seat belt reaching for my purse.

"You go ahead, I have to text a friend really quick," I nodded at my dad.

"Ooh that's perfect, I'll tell your mother that you didn't come, it'll be great," he snickered getting out of the car.

I rolled my eyes smiling, my dad is such a kid at heart.

I took my phone and typed out a quick message to Tom.

'I'm going to be at my parents house today, i'll talk to you when I get back. I promise! Sorry! xx'

I hit send and threw it back in my purse, hoping Tom wouldn't be that mad at me.

I waited a while longer before getting out of the car, I loved messing with mom, which is a trait i'm positive I got from my dad.

I opened the front door in time to hear mom ranting to dad about me. Her back was turned to me and was focused on something in her hand, probably her phone. Dad caught my eye and gave me a huge grin, clearly trying to hold back his laughter.

"I give birth to her and she wont even come visit! I'm going to call her right now and give her a talking to!"

"Who's getting a talking to?" I called out making her jump and almost drop her phone as she turned in surprise.

"Julie!" she grinned hurrying up to me for a bone-crushing hug.

"Hi mom," I grinned hugging her back just as hard.

"The look on your face Rosa, it was priceless," my dad laughed loudly, "You should have seen it Julie!" 

 Mom let go of me and turned to him, I could tell she was glaring at him since he looked scared, but he kept laughing even as she chased him into the kitchen.

"Robert!"

I grinned as I locked the door before following them into the kitchen, my parents were always joking around like this. It made me miss living here, I had my reasons for leaving, but it had nothing to do with my parents. They were always loving and understanding. They are amazing parents, a little crazy, but amazing nonetheless.

Dad came and hid behind me, imagine that, a six-foot tall grown man hiding behind my small five-foot-three inch frame.

"I told you I need you for protection."

I laughed at my dad as my mom rolled her eyes.

"Just sit down."

~

We spent all of breakfast catching up on how things were going with their friends and the multitude of clubs my mom belonged to.  Can you believe my parents have more friends than me?

We moved to the living room for a short while after we finished eating, continuing the conversation, the topic still being them and their friends. My parents loved to gossip but didn't have anyone to gossip to, which meant they had it all pent up until they found someone who would listen, which happened to be me.