Chapter 3: A Little Attitude

Juliet's P.O.V

"Ow, what the hell?" Tom hissed after I smacked him upside the head.

"Why the hell did you tell me to just go in?" I glared at him.

"I wanted to see if you would be able to handle him, and by what I heard it seems like you'll do just fine."

"You heard that?" I blushed

"Yeah and so did half the office," he grinned making me groan.

"You owe me," I frowned.

"I'll pay for your lunch?"

"And help me start these files?" I grinned.

"Deal."

~*~

"Take a break from those files already, you've been working so hard your face is going to be permanently stuck like that," Tom laughed pointing out the frown on my face.

"No I-"

"I know he said you couldn't leave until you finish those but its been five hours you need food, remember you didn't eat breakfast this morning," he frowned.

"No it's not that, I couldn't care less about his warning," I scoffed, "I finished those files like two hours ago, my face is like this because i've been playing computer games and I keep losing."

"You are something else. Most people wouldn't even be half way done with those. How did you do it?"

"Years of blogging made me a quick typer," I smirked cracking my knuckles. 

 He shook his head smiling, "Let's go to the cafeteria,"

~*~

I was currently sitting at one of the many tables in this huge cafeteria waiting for Tom to come back with our food when I felt a presence behind me, recognizing the cologne I rolled my eyes and put a smile on.

"How may I be of service Mr. Mercier?" I smiled turning slightly in my chair and looked up at him.

"I thought I was clear about leaving your desk before finishing the files."

"I did finish the files."

"I do not tolerate liars, Ms. Meadows."

"I'm not lying," I frowned

"Why did you not report to me then?"

I shrugged slightly, "I had the notion that you didn't want to be bothered."

"That does not excuse you from reporting to me."

"I'll make sure I do that from now on," I nodded before turning back around.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"I am waiting for my lunch."

"Maybe I wasn't clear. You were not to leave your desk until you were finished and I don't believe you've finished."

I frowned turning back again, "But I did."

He crossed his arms across his chest, "Show me."

"Fine. That will be the first thing I do after lunch."

"No. Now."

"Why? Can you not take my word for it? As long as they're done you have nothing to worry about."

"I am not sure your word is trustworthy, most women can be quite forgetful and incompetent, especially your kind."

"You mean blondes," I frowned getting up.

"Where are you going?" Tom asked reaching the table in that moment.

"I have to go show Mr. Mercier that I have finished my work. Save the sandwich for me i'll be back."

"You might want to get rid of the attitude before I get rid of you," Mr. Mercier said lowly from behind me.

Go ahead, I didn't even want this job in the first place.

I bit back an insult sighing, "Yes Mr. Mercier."

I wonder how quick I can find another job in this city...