Thursday, March 8, North Las Vegas, Nevada

Rise up Lord! Confront him! Knock him down! Use your sword to rescue me from the wicked man

Psalm 17:13

How many of us like to pretend that what happened didn't? Come on I want you to really think about this. How much have we ignored something because it was difficult? How many times have we put off something because we knew it would a lot more effort than we really wanted to provide? How many of us would run our butts to the other side of the world, just to get away from a problem?

Confrontation, that's what all of those questions have in common. And we tend not to like it. We'll put it off or ignore it completely just to get rid of it. We have problems and problems facing our problems funnily enough. And I doubt even the devil like's confrontation. Actually I take that back. He must hate confrontation, because confronting our faults brings us closer the God.

Let's say for the sake of an example you're hanging over the side of a cliff. And you ignore that fact and push it to the back of your mind so you're going "Hey I'm about to fall to my death but I'm going to look the other way and keep pretending this is all good fun." That seems pretty dumb right? Well that's exactly what we're doing when we sweep aside our problems.

Confrontation is a hostile or argumentative meeting between two opposing parties. Which is basically what's happening. Your fleshly side and the side that wants to please God are fighting in our minds. Can you guess what side is winning when we make that decision to not face our problems or make the decision to not make a decision which is a decision in itself? Yea your fleshly side. The side that wants to do whatever it pleases, whenever it pleases, and however it pleases You. And that's not a good thing. As I said we're not supposed to be fighting a battle against God let alone letting evil win.

So let's go back to that cliff for a moment. Now though, you've come to terms with the fact that you're dangling over the edge and no longer blatantly ignoring that the ground is hundreds of feet below you. Yay good for you, you're still hanging over a cliff. So to those who thought "I know I have issues, I don't pretend that I don't" well that's to you. Acknowledgment is not the same thing as confrontation. And that's all it is, just acknowledgment. And it means nothing if you're not going to do anything about it.

You see to confront an issue there has to be action. Confront is literally a verb in case any of you forgot. And to confront something is to do something about the problem. Not just simply say it's there. We're not getting any closer to getting out of that predicament if we do nothing. Which means we're only getting further away from the way we should live, and further away from God. Living the right way doesn't mean never sinning or being perfect it means taking our problems and facing them head on.

In the Lion King one of, if not the most famous sayings was hakuna matata, "no worries". But later the monkey Rafiki revealed to Simba that we must face our problems. Not run away to some foreign land and eat bugs. Or in this case hang over a cliff with our head in lala land.

So to the person who knows they're in sin and away from God? What are you going to do about it? If you really loved God then even know it's hard to give up fleshy desires you'd do it'. Love is another thing that requires action. If I told you I loved you then went away for a really long time and didn't speak to you. Would you believe me? Probably not am I right? Love is not just a feeling or a word love is an action and a verb. Love is finding the strength inside you to not only listen and know you're falling. It's about using that love for the person who means the world to you and finding a way to pull yourself up from that cliff. And then you'll realize the only reason you didn't fall to your death is the fact that they were the hand holding onto yours which kept you from falling.

Because the truth is while we we're glossing over the hundreds of feet below us or just not really caring about it. God was the hand that kept us from falling. His hand was wrapped around ours keeping us from completely destroying our lives. But the longer we hang the more we start to slip. It's like that right now. That minor, little, seemly infinitesimal problem you're putting off now could grow and create more. So many more till we're actually hanging over the cliff and not just backing up towards it.

So stop running away from your problems. Trust in God to get you through. Rely on Him. He can't save you if you don't want him to. Look up at the mighty hand holding yours, use your love, confront the problem and let God do the rest.

- Loved Soul