“I always wondered why you had a bed in here,” I said, running my hands over it.

“Well, that’s why. Because sometimes I get so engrossed by one of my projects that I don’t see time pass, and I get dog tired and I don’t even have the energy to crawl back into the house.”

I kinda liked that about him, how fully engrossed with his art he could get. I always thought it showed his passion for what he did.

Blake kept digging more food in his bad, and I looked around d the shed, my eyes falling on a pile of canvas with some paint on them that he’d never shown me.

“You have so many painting stacked up,” I said pointing with my chin towards the stack of canvas, “is there a reason why you aren’t showing them to me? Any Stacey nudes?”

“Funny.” He chuckled. “No, they’re just all old projects, so that means I never finished them. Before you I started a lot of things, but never had the heart to complete them.” We looked in each other eyes. He didn’t need to say anything, it was all there, his love, it was almost tangible. “But hey, if you want me to make nudes, I’d be more then happy to get you a tacky heart shaped necklace and draw you.”

“And then we can have sex in a car?”

Blake rolled his eyes. “Because our first time should definitely be in a car.”

When he said that I couldn’t help but frown a little.

Our first time… I didn’t want to sound bad, but it kind of felt like that first time of ours never would happen.

I mean, of course we had been dating for a little less than four months now and it really wasn’t that long, all things considered. But it felt like it had been longer, like we had gone through more. And heck, it had been 7 years of pinning for Blake.

So, I couldn’t understand why we weren’t exactly close to having sex.

Even my father couldn’t believe it. And that had been one awkward conversation. Having your father give you boxes of condoms every damn week was embarrassing enough, but when I had exclaimed that he could stop buying me condoms and he had assumed it was because I was only relying on my pill and he had felt the need to start telling me why double protection was mostly for him because he didn’t want to be a grandpa just yet, I had to stop him and tell, that yes I was on the pill, but I was in fact not having sex and in no needs of condoms.

Fracking embarrassing. And of course, Tyler had to be there to hear it all. Prick.

Usually I would have dropped the matter, mostly because people could always come in or eavesdrop, but right now we were alone, in his shed and no one would be stupid enough to go out in the snowstorm to bother Blake while he painted. And for some reason, I felt bold. “So, where should it be then?”

            “Not a car…” Blake trailed. He pretty much had gobbled all the food by then.

“What are you waiting for Blake?” I softly asked, like asking too loudly might spook him.

“What do you mean?” he whispered, closing his eyes.

I got up and went to stand in front of him, his knees touching my thighs since he was higher on his stool. “I mean, what are you waiting for? I love you.”

“I love you too,” he automatically answered, his eyes opening.

“I know.” I took his slightly paint stain hand and kissed it. “We love each other and I know you want this, us together, so what are you waiting for Blake?”

“You’re not doing it for the first time in a car,” Blake replied, swallowing loudly, and looking away.

“But don’t you know this?” For once I was the one placing my finger on his chin, forcing him to look at me. “I don’t care about where it’s going to be. I told you I didn’t want hotel room and rose petals and grand plans. I just want you. You’re the only important aspect in this whole first time thing.” And again he closed his eyes. “What’s wrong Blake?”