«Chapter 3»

______________________________________

Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padmé reached the doors of the palace, ready to meet the Queen, and the Princess.

Victoria and Lennon were getting ready to walk down the staircase, “Do we seriously have to make a 'grand', entrance?” Lennon asked her sister, and Victoria shot her a look.

“One day, Lennon, you will understand that image is everything.”
Victoria says, and Lennon rolls her eyes.

The doors open revealing the two Jedi's, and the Senator. Victoria began walking down the staircase, Lennon following behind her.

They made it down to the Jedi's, and all three bowed in front of the Queen,
“I am Victoria. If you follow me, we will go into a quiet place, and discuss what is necessary.” Victoria says politely, and they begin to follow the Queen into a grand conference room.

“Please, have a seat-” she didn't know what the Jedi's names were, or the Senators for that matter.

Obi-Wan walked up to the Queen, “I am Obi-Wan Kenobi,  this is my apprentice, Anakin Skywalker.” he says motioning to Anakin, “And this is Padmé Amidala, Senator of Naboo.”

Victoria smiles at them all, “It is a pleasure to meet you.” She says, smiling sweetly, admiring Obi-Wan's, kind and gentle tone.

Victoria looks at Lennon, “I am Lennon, and it's nice to meet you.” Lennon says rather curtly, but Anakin was mesmerized by her beauty, but was quite surprised with her cold tone.

Victoria elbows her sister in the side, and Lennon shot her a glare, and Victoria puts on a smile, “Please, have a seat.” she says, and the Jedi's and the Senator sat down.

“Please start out with why you're here.” Lennon says, and Obi-Wan looks at her, and slightly nods his head.

“We are here because, the Republic would like to start an alliance with you, your planet, and with its people.” Obi-Wan says, and Victoria nods her head.

“If you don't mind me asking, why should we start an alliance with the Republic? It would be mine and my people's best interest, to ask why.” Victoria says, and Obi-Wan nods his head.

“Well for one, your planet would be of great use to the Republic. You and your planet would make great allies.” Obi-Wan began to say, but Lennon looked up at him,

“How would we be great allies to you?” Lennon asks, and Anakin looks at her.

“Well, it would be like a I help you, you help me situation. If the Republic ever needed your help during a war, we would ask for you to help us, and if you needed reinforcements on a war, then we would help you.” Obi-Wan says, and Lennon sits up in her chair.

“And the Republic needs to be  stretched out to the outer rim. It would stop slavery, and-” Padmé began to say but, was instantly cut off, by Lennon.

“There is no slavery here.” Lennon says, and Victoria nods her head, “There is not even one slave here?” Padmé asks, and Lennon shook her head,

“But how? How is there no slavery here? There is so much slavery out here in the outer rim.” Padmé states in a matter of fact tone.

“Because I made it that way. I started an organization, that outlawed slavery. The people on this planet are like a big family, we will help each other in times of need.” Lennon says, and Padmé looks at her.

Anakin looks up, “That's what the guard was telling us. And I think it's great that you outlawed slavery.” Anakin says, and Padmé looks at him.

Lennon smiles, “Thank you.” she says.

Victoria looks at Lennon, then back at Obi-Wan, “Please continue, Master Kenobi.”

Obi-Wan continues to talk on about why Foe should start an alliance with the Republic. Every now and then Padmé would state her case, and so would Anakin, Victoria was listening very intently, while Lennon was getting irritated with the whole situation.

“So what do you think, Queen Victoria?” Obi-Wan asked, and Lennon held up her hand, “May I ask some questions, Master Obi-Wan?”

Obi-Wan leaned back in his chair, “Well, of course, go ahead.”

“Would our planet be a war zone?” Lennon asked, with her arms folded

Obi-Wan sat there for a moment, “I can not be sure, but it is a possibility. The Federation is very adamant on getting these outer rim planets in their grasp  And that's why I am here: to try to start an alliance with you, before it's too late.” he says, and Lennon sits up

“There hasn't been a war here since before I was born. And way before Victoria was born, this planet has been peaceful for the past 23 years, and I'm not about to let it go to war.” Lennon states, and Padmé decides to jump in.

“There is no guarantee that your planet will go to war. We only ask that we use your army, or your warriors in time of need.” Padmé says.

Lennon puts her hands on the table, “What about the corruption in the republic?” Lennon asks, and before Obi-Wan can say anything, Padmé speaks, “What do you mean by corruption?”

Lennon looks at Padmé, “Well for one, you guys act surprised that there is no slavery on this planet. And I recall you saying that there is a lot of slavery in the outer rim.” Lennon says, and Padmé glares at her, “And that just shows that the Republic, can't enforce it's own laws!”

Padmé stands up, “Well the republic-” but before she can finish, Lennon stands up, “And when a government can't control, or enforce their own laws, corrupt people will take over.” Lennon states, and looks out the window.

Anakin looks around, he knew what she was true, “If I may, Master, I believe she is right on some of this.” he says, and Obi-Wan looks at him, not saying a word.

Lennon turns around and gives Anakin a small smile. Deep down, she knows that this Jedi is different from the others.

Lennon walks over to the table, and looks at Victoria, then at Obi-Wan, and then at Anakin, “I would like to ask Anakin, what he thinks on this matter. He hasn't spoken very much, and he hasn't gotten the chance to state his opinion like everyone else.”

Anakin looked up at Lennon, he was surprised, yet happy that someone has finally asked him for his opinion on something.
______________________________________
Word Count: 1,118
Here is the next chapter! We hope you enjoyed it! Comment what you think in the comments ❤
~ChewBecca & freedomgirl321

«May the force be with you»