Chapter 6

It was 9:00. Time for Adrien, well, Chat Noir, to meet Marinette at her house to help her with physics. He was there, on time, on the rooftop across from her balcony, thinking over how stupid this actually was. Here he was, Chat Noir, one half of the superhero duo, saving Paris from akumas on a very frequent basis. Now, here he was, helping Marinette with her homework. What would Ladybug think if she could see him now?

But, there was something that forced him to go to the balcony: Adrien had given his word to Marinette. And, Adrien made a point to never go back on his word.

So, Adrien found himself knocking on the door to the trapdoor to Marinettes room. It opened a moment later, and Marinette let him in. When Adrien dropped in, he was immediately hit by something. This room was extremely pink. The walls were pink, the floor was pink, and everything in it had at least one pink thing on it.

The walls were covered in various fashion design posters, showcasing several different fashion houses. Adrien quickly found the one from his fathers' company. Actually, there were several posters from his company. A few had him on it, but they were covered up mostly. Wait, Marinette said that she enjoyed designing? Adrien had thought that she meant graphic design, since she was also drawing on her tablet a lot. But, did she mean fashion design?

There was a package sitting on the desk, covered in some fabric, like Marinette had thrown it on top before Adrien arrived. Adrien, for some reason, found himself hoping that it was for him, as a gift for his birthday. So, he just turned to fave Marinette. "So, how can I help?"

Marinette pulled her homework to herself, turning it to show Adrien. "Here. We are talking about the vectors of swinging pendulums. I can't seem to figure this equation out. How does this become this?"

Adrien furrowed his brow, looking it over. "Here. If you..." Adrien helped Marinette figure the equation out. It was a way to figure out the vector of a swinging pendulum. Adrien actually found that it was easier to think of it in terms of Ladybug swinging around. When he told Marinette about this, she stiffened, giving him a strange look from the side of her eyes. However, she turned back to the paper, and her eyes dawned in realization.

"So, if we do this..." Marinette sketched something on the paper really quickly, turning the diagram into a sketch of a street, with a streetlamp acting as the fulcrum of the pendulum. "And Ladybug attaches her yo-yo here..." Another quick sketch, and there was a person who was swinging from the end of the line. "And we assume that Ladybug is obviously defending a town on Jupiter, since she weighs 1300 pounds or 590 kilograms, these damn American units. She would probably swing at..."

This method of reasoning actually seemed to be really helping Marinette. She was figuring this all out while also seeming very distracted by something. Eventually, the hour that they had was up, and Adrien had to go meet Ladybug for patrol.

Adrien bowed, taking Marinettes' hand and making to kiss it. "I regret to say it, but it is time for me to depart and meet my Lady for patrol."

Marinette pulled her hand free, raising an amused eyebrow. "Really? Is that what we're calling it these days?"

Adrien stared at her. "What? I don't know what that means. We really are going on patrol."

Marinette opened her mouth, but then closed it, instead going to open the trapdoor. "Thank you for the help with the homework."

Adrien took a sweeping bow. "Of course, Marinette. Perhaps I shall stop by again sometime soon?"

Marinette raised an eyebrow for a second, but lowered it just as quickly. Something seemed off about him using just her normal name. After all, he always called Ladybug something fun, didn't he?