Chapter 1

No.

Adrien was really beginning to hate that word.

No.

Adrien had become Chat Noir, the conduit of bad luck and destruction, and was defeated by that one word.

No.

Defeated by a tall, thin man behind a desk who refused to even look at him. And all he said was:

No.

Just like that, all the freedom that Plagg promised was gone.

No.

Adrien would not let that happen. He would get that freedom, he would find a way.

"Father..."

"Adrien, I have told you. You will not be going to school. Apparently, you are not able to handle the workload that I have given you. I will lighten your schedule for now. Maybe that will help you get a handle on this brash behavior." Gabriel Agreste looked up at him and waved his hand dismissively. "You may leave."

"Father, please don't-"

"Go."

Adrien nodded and left, going to his room. As soon as he entered it, Plagg flew out of his jacket. "Why did you try to fight the freedom?"

Adrien gave the kwami a look. "Because he would have noticed if I didn't try to fight it. I always fight. He wasn't going to change his mind."

Plagg gave him a grin. "So, what's the plan?"

"In years past, I would always be left alone. Nathalie would teach me for a few hours, and then I was confined to the house. Nobody would bother to check up on me. There's not much trouble that I can get into in here. So, nobody will notice if I stepped out for a little bit."

Plagg gave him a sidelong look. "So, you can take on an akuma several times your size, and also fall off the Eiffel Tower, but you can't say no to your father?"

Adrien laughed. "Actually, this might end up being better. He won't bother checking up on me all the time if he thinks I am in my room."

"What if he decides to pay your room a visit?"

Adrien slumped. "He hasn't paid my room a spontaneous visit in years."

Plagg nodded. "Well, then, shall we?"

Adrien nodded. "Claws out!"

This transformation was just a quick one, just enough to get him over the wall and down the street. Adrien transformed back, and started walking down the road with purpose. Plagg flew behind him.

"Where are we going?"

"To the school. I need to meet up with Chloe and tell her that I won't be able to make it to the school this year."

Plagg snorted. "I don't know how you put up with her. She seems so... off-putting."

Adrien nodded. "She has changed over the years. She has always had a... strong personality. But recently, she has changed into something different. That's why I am going to use her as an excuse to go to the school, and get some new friends."

Plagg gave Adrien a look. "I didn't know you had it in you, kid. Using one friend to make others. It's clever."

Adrien shoved Plagg back in his jacket as he approached the school. "Yeah, I hope so."

Adrien soon discovered that it was not, in fact, true. Chloe saw him coming, and ran towards him, screeching his name, drawing the attention of everyone around them. Adrien took special notice of two girls standing by the stairs. He recognized them! The darker haired one was the one that yelled at him for the miscommunication with the gum! He decided to try to be friends with her first. If he could make her see what truly happened, he could make friends with anyone! Before he could start to walk towards them, the other girl grabbed her by the arm, and led her away, both of them glaring at him.