Ladybug looked over. "You were at the Trocadero?"

Adrien glanced over at her perplexed look. "Come on, My Lady. We all have lives to live. Are you saying you were here too?"

Ladybug straightened. "Let's go find this akuma!" throwing her yo-yo, she jumped away. Chuckling, Adrien followed.

The akuma didn't prove to be too much harder to find than Adrien had thought. The akuma was taking out any and all technology around it, leaving a trail of cars that crashed in the absence of traffic lights. Ladybug suggested that they split up, so Adrien took to the left of the trail, while Ladybug took to the right side.

Adrien followed the line until he started hearing the electronic pops, and found the akuma standing in the middle of the street, shining her headlamp at various objects. Adrien pulled out his baton and called Ladybug. She answered quickly, and Adrien explained the situation. "She is just standing there, shining her-"

Adrien suddenly felt his baton shock his hand, just like his phone had done to his leg. The screen went black, and the slider slid shut without a seam. "Shit." Adrien looked down and saw that Technomonger had spotted him, but still wasn't moving to catch him. Adrien extended his baton and jumped down, helicoptering his baton over him to slow his fall.

Only, it didn't slow him at all. Only some quick reflexes and a well-timed roll saved him from being severely hurt from the fall. Adrien looked at his baton, and saw that it was still small. He tried extending it, but nothing happened. That was when it hit Adrien. His baton was useless. It was fried. Now, he had a nice little metal stick. Yay.

Adrien ducked down behind a car, trying to figure out what to do. He could just throw his baton, but that was a one and done thing. He could try to cataclysm something, but he wanted to wait for Ladybug to do that. She would have a plan. Problem was, Adrien had seen the background of Ladybugs' call, and she was nowhere near where he was. She would take several minutes to get there.

Adrien was about to stand up, when there was a call from the rooftop.

"TECHNOMONGER!!"

Looking up, Adrien was surprised to see Ladybug standing on top of the roof. She held up her yo-yo, ready to throw it, but it Technomonger aimed her headlamp at it, frying it in Ladybugs' hand. Ladybug jumped at the shock, but did not back down. Adrien did a mental facepalm. He was still thinking in terms of driving places. Ladybug could just go OVER the buildings in her way.

"The thing about yo-yo's is that they don't use technology. Just a string. Mine uses a little bit of magic, but that's still not technology."

Ladybug swung down, ready to kick the akuma, but Adrien had a frame of reference that Ladybug did not. From his position, he could see that the akuma was holding a streetlight behind her back, ready to swing at the approaching Ladybug.

Adrien launched himself forward, tackling Ladybug in midair, throwing her aim off, and also forcing the akuma to miss the initial swing.

"Chat!!" Ladybug looked at him in shock, but it quickly turned to anger. "Why did you do that?"

"She has a streetlight, she would have swatted you out of the sky!" Adrien pulled her to her feet, keeping an eye on the approaching akuma. "Goodness, she walks like a corny horror movie villain."

Ladybug smirked, stepping forward. "So, the akuma is in the headlamp?"

"Yeah. Although, you being here might shed some light on things, My Lady."

Ladybug turned back around, looking incredulous. "Seriously? Are you joking in the middle of an akuma fight?"

Adrien merely grinned, pulling out his baton. By instinct, he tried to extend it, but it didn't work. He looked at Ladybug and shrugged. "That's why my baton cut out. I got hit."