"I woke up twenty minutes ago, Bill. I wasn't ready until five minutes ago." Y/n said reassuringly, stepping out and shutting the door, "Shall we?"

"W-We shall."

"You're adorable."

"W-What?"

"I said, you're adorable." They giggled. Obviously straightforwardness run's in Henry's family.

"O-Okay. So you w-wanted t-to hear a-about my b-brother?"

"Yeah! What was he like?"

"He g-got in an... a-accident, l-last summer. It w-was r-raining and he had this p-paper b-boat that I m-made him, and it f-fell in a s-sewer drain and he f-fell in and h-hit his head t-trying t-to get it. H-He was only s-seven." I felt myself tear up a bit and blinked it away, looking off to the side of the road.

"Oh, that's horrible. I'm so sorry, Bill." Y/n said, putting a hand on my shoulder until I looked at them, when they put it back at their side, "What was he like?"

"He w-was just the h-happiest l-kittle kid I've ever seen. W-Whenever I was sad he always s-somehow knew and tried to cheer me up. A-And I j-just... I wish I could've been there, to help. I sh-houldn't have l-let him go a-alone."

"Don't blame yourself, Bill. He would've wanted you to be happy when you think of him." Y/n's hand returned to my shoulder but this time when I looked up it didn't fall to their side right away.

"T-Thank you, Y-Y/n."

"No problem. Wanna go swimming?"

"W-What about i-ice cream?"

"Fuck ice cream, it'll melt anyway. Have you ever been to the quarry?" Y/n asked, turning toward me.

"Yeah, I g-go there all the t-time."

"Good, 'cause I've never been there. Lead the way, theif."

I smiled a shook my head slightly.

"D-Dork."

"I might be a dork, but I'm a cute dork."

I agree.

We were walking in silence when I felt Y/n grab my hand from beside me, swinging it back and forth as we walk. I could get used to this.

"H-Hey, we d-don't even h-have swimsuits." I realised, looking toward Y/n. We were nearly to the quarry, and were in the woods.

"So what? You have underwear on, don't you?"

"W-Well yeah."

"Then there ya go."

I stayed quiet until we got there.

"W-We're here."

I frowned when Y/n released my hand.

I slipped off my shirt and shorts and threw them aside, alomg with my shoes. I looked over to Y/n, who was in the process of untying their shoes.

I blushed at the dight of Y/n (shirtless/in just a bra) and tried not to stare.

"Okay, I'm done. Have you ever jumped off before?"

I shook my head.
(just pretend)

"Let's go together."

Y/n took my hand in theirs again and we walked over to the edge of the cliff. It seemed like a big jump but I've seen people do it.

"R-Ready?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"O-Okay, three, t-two, one!"

We jumped at the same time, our hands losing contact on the way down.

I rose up to find Y/n laughing a few feet away from me.

"That was awesome!" They said, a bright smile spread across their face.

"Yeah." I mumbled. I tried to take my eyes off of them but I couldn't.

Y/n seemed to notice, as they moved closer, "Hey Bill? Can I try something?"

I nodded slightly and suddenly I felt a pair of lips on mine. I instandly smiled and closed my eyes, wrapping my arms around Y/n's waist. Their arms slung lasily around my neck.

We pulled apart after a bit, panting slightly, but smiling. Our foreheads rested together.

"I guess you really are a theif. You just stole my heard."

"T-That's so l-lame, Y/n."

"I know."