Alluring

I walk thoughtlessly throughout my hometown, looking for a place to paint privately. It's been days of me anxiously walking through parts of this town that I've never been to, hoping there's somewhere I can go.

I've looked everywhere, but there's not a single place to hide away from reality. No place for me to reject my thoughts.

Nowhere to forget...

I sigh and walk down into a ditch, with each step crushing some beautiful red roses. I stop and run my hands through the flowers, smiling as I think of my mother.

"For someone who likes flowers, it's a shame you can't see them," I say as my smile falls from my face.

I shake my head and turn around to walk back up the ditch.

I glance to my left and see a pathway through some tall, uncut grass. I furrow my eyebrows and walk down the path.

I arrive at this place.

It's beautiful.

There are leaves and vines hanging throughout the walls and flowers blooming in the grass below my feet.

Trees surrounding this place, keeping it hidden from the busy traffic around it. But the trees muffle the sound of the cars above.

I smile and walk over to one of the walls and place my head against it, taking a deep breath.

It reminds me of my mother...

---

Sitting down on an area of concrete, I take out a canvas, paints, some paintbrushes, and a tray. With the sounds of the traffic muffling though this peaceful area, I start painting the colors of my emotions.

Dark green, midnight blue, black, and grey.

With the paint rubbing against my canvas, I bite my lip, investigating the unfinished painting in front of me.

"It needs more blue," I whisper to myself, putting the end of the paintbrush in my mouth while opening the bottle of dark blue paint that was placed next to me.

I squirt some paint onto my tray, glancing back at my painting.

I take the paintbrush and dip it in the paint slowly, taking the smallest amount possible.

I paint and place it softly on the canvas, pressing harder with every swipe.

The colors are running through my head, describing each and every emotion.

I move back and pick up the canvas, holding it out in front of me. "It's okay," I say to myself, smiling down at my creation.

My phone vibrates in my pocket.
I go to reach for my phone but I notice the paint on my hands. "I don't need to answer them right now, I can wait until I get home,"

I slowly pick up my things and carry the canvas in my hands as I begin to walk home.

---
a/n: i didn't read this over. sorry for spelling errors and if it doesn't make any sense. whatttever ;-;