|Chapter Nine-Unexpected Guests|

April was curious on what was behind the door Oswald was leading her to. Was it the proof that he was blackmailing Fish? Surely he wouldn't give himself up that easily.

" Ow!" April heard a groan come from behind the door. 

" Where is it, Raul?" Mooney asked.

Oswald opened the door and what lay before April was all too familiar.

" Oswald, hold this umbrella for me. Can't let my hair go frizzy." Mooney said. 

Oswald nodded and limped quickly toward her," Of course, Miss Mooney! I brought April, Miss Mooney." He grabbed the umbrella and held it over Mooney's head.

" Ah! April! What a wonderful treat!" Mooney smiled as if she had forgotten the man she was just beating with a bat at her feet," What seems to be the nature of this visit?"

April shrugged," Just wanted to come see you. I missed your lovely club."

"Why, thank you!"

SMACK!

April flinched as Mooney hit Raul with the bat. 

Raul groaned," But I still care for you!"

"I used to believe that." Fish swung again.

"I care!"

" Then where is my money,Raul?" Mooney hit him again.

" I'll get it for you, I swear!" he promised.

Oswald accidentally stepped back, causing the rain to land on Fish.

" Boy-" Mooney started, but Oswald corrected himself.

"Dearly sorry, Miss Mooney."

" You will be if you let this hair get frizzy!"

The other men chuckled. April was dying to kick them all in the balls for laughing at him.

A younger man appeared from behind the door. He was well dressed with slicked back hair.

"Bullock is inside."

April's eyes almost widened at the name. What could Bullock be doing here? Did it have to do with her?

" Keep him warm," Mooney said, handing the bat to Butch and motioning for Oswald to not follow her as she walked inside.

" Hey, Oswald,do you want to try?" Butch asked, passing the bat to Oswald.

" Am I allowed?" Oswald studied the bat.

" Of course!"

" Thank you, sir!" Oswald took a swing and hit Raul square in the shoulder. They all laughed. April stayed to the side; scared they were going to kill him.

After Oswald swung a few more, a man in a suit walked out. He walked like a cop and probably was a cop.

" Calm down, Oswald," Butch chuckled.

" Yeah, chill out, Penguin."

April watched as anger sparked in Oswald's eyes.

" You know I hate being called that!" Oswald said, glaring at Butch with intense hatred.

" Oh, I'm so scared!" Butch laughed and caught the man's eye," Who are you?"

" James Gordon," the man produced a badge from his pocket," GCPD!"

April grew nervous that Harvey would walk out soon so she started to creep back into the alley. No one seemed to notice as she disappeared up a ladder and onto a roof.

She sat on the roof and watched as birds landed and made their nests. April wished she was a bird. Birds were free and could fly where ever they wanted. April was trapped in Gotham. She knew she would probably die in the city, but that was more comforting than dying in the place that didn't make her the girl she was.

April felt tears stream down her cheeks as she began to cry. She wanted to scream, but was scared she'd be heard and someone would investigate. Questions ran through her head at a mile per minute. 

Why couldn't her dad be a free man? Why did he kill all those little girls and play with the remains? Why did people believe April was his next target?Why did April still love him even though he killed multiple girls her age at the time?

April believed these questions would never be answered; that she'd live in a state of oblivion forever. Maybe one day she would know, but today was not that day.