"You should call her later today, she get's worried easily," he said, making me sigh as I rolled my eyes. My mum wasn't the overprotective type, but she worried a lot. I couldn't really blame her. I was her only child, and she was a bit touchy about the probability of losing me to my father later in the future. It wasn't going to happen (I didn't like the old man), but I understood why she was worried about it.

"I will," I said before taking a peep at what Oliver was writing. His fingers were pressing the key's of his laptop's keyboard quickly, making words appear at lightning speed. 

"You should probably start working on your English essay too," he said, making me let out a whine as I rested my head on his shoulder again before closing my eyes. He chuckled, making his shoulders rise and fall a bit as his chest vibrated. I could hear it, and it was oddly comforting. 

"But you should," he said when his laughter died down a bit. I opened my eyes to be met with him smiling down at me, his green eyes piercing my brown ones. "You said you weren't going to procrastinate this year."

"I lied," I said, making him chuckle again before he reached out to run a hand through my curly hair. He seemed to have gotten over the day at the assembly and it made me happy. It was odd to have had him worrying about it, he'd even stopped being touchy with me even after we had our talk at the balcony, but we were in our dorm room, and not in front of onlookers so I guessed that was the reason why he was comfortable with it again. 

"Hey."

"Hmm?" Oliver said. I smiled, removing my head from his shoulder before sitting up. 

"Is your mum coming to visit?" I asked, referring to our boarding school's monthly visiting day. Oliver bit his bottom lip before running his fingers through his hair. 

"I'm not sure," he answered, making my nod.

"You can come with me if she doesn't, my mum's coming," I said, smiling at him. Oliver smiled back, nodding before he turned away from me. Usually, I never said that. It was kind of like an unsaid rule. If my mum came and his didn't he went with me, and if his mum came and mine didn't I went with him, but the whole 'we should stop this' fiasco had put me on a panicky edge were I always had to reassure myself that Oliver was still my best friend — still the one I could kiss, hug and cry with. 

"Oliver?" I called out in a low voice, watching as he turned to me before rolling his eyes. 

"What now?"

"Can I have a kiss?" I asked, making him look away from his screen to stare at me. He rose a brow, but I mouthed the word please, in a voice that made him chuckle. 

"Fine," he said, leaning in to press a closed mouth kiss on my lips. I hummed against him and watched him pull away from me before I smiled. 

"Better?" he asked.

"Yes," I said, moving to rest my head on his shoulder again. 

"Becky?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you going to get a girlfriend this year?" he asked me, making me sit up in alarm.

"Girlfriend?" I said, almost as if I was asking a question. Oliver nodded, closing his laptop before looking over at me. 

"We're juniors now, and your mum said you can start dating when you're a junior, right?" he asked. I frowned at him, not knowing what to say to that. "A lot of girls are into you..." Oliver trialed when I didn't say anything in response to his previous words. 

"Do you really want to get rid of me?" I asked, my voice was shaky, and it seemed Oliver had noticed since his eyes had gone wide. He shook his head, reaching out to pull me to himself. 

"No, that's not what I''m saying. I'm sorry it sounded like that," he muttered, hugging me more tightly. My heart was pounding, and I didn't trust myself to say anything so I didn't. Some time passed, and Oliver eventually let go of me before taking my face in his hands and pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"That's not what I meant. Why would I want to get rid of my best friend?" he asked me, and I just nodded, before he pulled away. 

Friends. I thought to myself, and for some reason, the word had a bitter taste in my mouth. He wouldn't let go of me, will he? I asked myself, wondering whether Oliver was just growing out of our bond. 

Girlfriend? I thought, thinking about what he'd suggested, but the thought of a girlfriend freaked me out — the thought of being extremely close to anyone who wasn't Oliver just felt wrong. 

I let my thoughts on the matter remain as thoughts, and I rested my head on the pillow on my bed, deciding to take a nap.